Member Submitted Avatars

• Posted: 28 August 2002 11:09 AM #46

[quote author=“Bryan”]Jonathon. CO, those are both fine.  I’ll upload them shortly.

Have I missed something, or are you using a somewhat expanded definition of the word “shortly”? :D

(Note, I know you have plenty of other more useful things to do.  I just want to confirm that I didn’t miss something about where I would access the avatar.  I assume it would be in the “members” folder in the gallery.)

• Posted: 28 August 2002 12:24 PM #47

[quote author=“CrazyOne”]Cool 8)

Not like he would trash our graphics in public though anyway, right? :D

Nah, that would be too easy (in my case, anyway)  :D

[off-topic]
    Greg, since you sometimes hang out at Ars Technica, do you know where I can find the infamous TestBenchX installer? I know someone from AT wrote it. I downloaded it once, but I haven’t been able to locate it anymore. People keep asking me about it. It’s a benchmarking tool for OS X, but you probably knew that…  8)
    [/off-topic]

• Posted: 28 August 2002 03:37 PM #48

No, I’m pretty new to Ars forums.  I have seen reference to TechBenchX, but have not gone in search of it or anything.

Posted: 31 August 2002 06:26 PM #49

Sorry, folks.  I forgot.  All three are uploaded, now.  grin  You will find them in the “Members” gallery.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 01 September 2002 02:00 PM #50

[quote author=“Bryan”]Sorry, folks.  I forgot.  All three are uploaded, now.  grin  You will find them in the “Members” gallery.

Check again, dude…

It’s supposed to look like this:

8)

Posted: 01 September 2002 11:08 PM #51

Not sure how I didn’t upload it, but it’s uploaded now.  grin

Signature

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 01 September 2002 11:30 PM #52

I really don’t want to be annoying, but I asked twice and this will be my third and final time.

Can you please upload my custom avatar?  It can be found here:

Posted: 01 September 2002 11:56 PM #53

Sorry, SAM, I thought that I had uploaded it.  Rather, I did upload it, but something must have happened during the upload.  The only one of the three that successfully made it up was CrazyOne’s, but there you have it.

It’s up now.

Signature

• Posted: 02 September 2002 01:17 AM #54

Thanx Bryan! I feel a whole lot darker now!

8)

• Posted: 02 September 2002 07:08 AM #55

Thank you, sir!

Now the world may know me as…. a silhouette.

EDIT: OK, um, maybe not…  It’s not showing up under my screen name… :(

• Posted: 02 September 2002 10:31 AM #56

[quote author=“Secret Asian Man”]Thank you, sir!

Now the world may know me as…. a silhouette.

EDIT: OK, um, maybe not…  It’s not showing up under my screen name… :(

Go to “Profile” (at the top of the screen, below FAQ and Search), scroll down to “Avatar control panel”, click on “Show gallery”. Select “Members” from the “Select category” drop down box and hit go. Click the radio button under your avatar and click the “Select avatar” button. This should bring you back to the “Edit your profile” screen. Go down to the bottom (you should see your avatar there) and click Submit.

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

• Posted: 02 September 2002 01:26 PM #57

Silly me…  I never clicked the submit button….

Thanks!

• Posted: 10 September 2002 07:44 AM #58

Hello! I have an avatar I think I’d like to use. It’s officially the lowest-quality one yet…but I guess that’s the point.  smile Anyway, I sadly don’t have any online storage space…so I guess I’ll be watching my PMs for instructions?  8)

Signature

—Katherine

• Posted: 10 September 2002 09:24 AM #59

You could email it to Bryan.

Or I could host it for you.

Posted: 10 September 2002 01:44 PM #60

SAM’s right.  e-mail it to me at editor @ macobserver.com (space added to defeat thge evil SPAM bots).

grin

Signature