Apple to announce Rack Mounted Server

• Posted: 06 May 2002 12:13 PM

According to Maccentral’s coverage of WWDC, Apple will be unveiling a rackmounted server on May 14th. This is not a rumor it came straight from Steve Jobs mouth!!!!!!

Signature

If you have evrything you WANT then, given the law of limited resources, there cannot be justice.

• Posted: 06 May 2002 12:38 PM #1

Oooh, cool. Any other information or specs on it? Like is it 1U, 2U, or just a Quicksilver with built in rails? smile

So Apple now has an education Mac, and an uhm, RackMac. It’s A Good Thing. smile

[edit: nevermind. I found the page. smile]

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

• Posted: 07 May 2002 04:33 AM #2

Good thing indeed, and further proof that Apple is serious about the business market.

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

• Posted: 07 May 2002 04:49 AM #3

Rackmount

Well I think 1 RU might be abit of a stretch (if they were bringing out a few models it would be good, but 1 RU on it’s own probably isn’t worth it).

2 RU actually wouldn’t fit many drive bays and so forth either (unless apple also releases an storage array that they can connect to with Firewire 2 which would be nice smile

Hopefully it won’t be bigger than 3 RU (hopefully they’ll have plenty of drive bays if it’s 3 RU).

Can’t wait ! Hopefully it’s a proper server (dual redundant power supplies, fans, etc).

• Posted: 07 May 2002 09:00 AM #4

SIMPLY SUPERB!!!!!
    8)

Mitch

• Posted: 07 May 2002 09:02 AM #5

:evil:

I posted the above… forgot to login.

Mitch

Signature

Hmmm… software.