EQ specific playlists…plugin??

• Posted: 13 April 2007 08:27 AM

i have seen a plugin that adds more eq settings to your ipod, specifically for surround sound, 3d sound, that sort of thing…
    but what i am wondering is, does anyone know of a plugin that allows an EQ setting to be assigned to each playlist?

• Posted: 19 April 2007 08:25 AM #1

Re: EQ specific playlists…plugin??

[quote author=“Luke…”]i have seen a plugin that adds more eq settings to your ipod, specifically for surround sound, 3d sound, that sort of thing…
    but what i am wondering is, does anyone know of a plugin that allows an EQ setting to be assigned to each playlist?

Are these plug-ins working within iTunes or externally? The only way I know to apply EQ settings (with a Mac, quick google review shows the products you’re referencing to be mainly PC based) is within iTunes, right clicking a song (or a selected list of songs) allows you to assign EQ presets to each song individually or to an entire group of songs. You can make your own presets, although the iTunes EQ sliders aren’t the most complex in the world. You might be able to do this with OSS 3D (look on versiontracker.com), but I’m not sure if it translates to iPods.

Also, are you wanting this to play on headphones? Is there a point to 3D/surround sound with only two tiny speakers? I’m asking because I honestly don’t know, maybe 3d sound kicks ass on small speakers wink

Signature

Homer (to Chinese guide): You guys are Commies? Then why am I seeing rudimentary free markets?
    Chinese Audience: (massive collective sushh sound)
    -Simpsons, Season 16 Episode 12