Pre-Alpha OpenOffice.org OS X release!

• Posted: 07 May 2002 11:56 AM

There is now a developer release of OpenOffice available for OS X!  It is still very buggy but it is a good sign of things to come.  Hopefully soon they will move to the 1.0 release code and continue finalizing the port! 

I’m having a hard time downloading it (<1k/s on a T1) so I suspect they are swamped at the moment.  very exciting though!

Signature

All statements are to be taken with a grain of salt

• Posted: 08 May 2002 12:44 AM #1

Re: Pre-Alpha OpenOffice.org OS X release!

I’m glad to hear that they finally have a Mac OS X version.  However, I just went to download it too and the page they send you to with the download link comes up as a missing file. 

Does anyone know of an alternate URL for this?

• Posted: 08 May 2002 09:59 AM #2

I am currently (still) downloading it from http://ny1.mirror.openoffice.org/638c_MacOSX/ I had to restart the download this morning, but now it is coming in at about 10k so It should be done in an hour or so… rolleyes

Signature

Posted: 08 May 2002 10:51 AM #3

I am getting a blistering 6.8K a second.  :D

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 08 May 2002 12:43 PM #4

my original 10k has dropped to 2k and I suspect will drop further.  I may just hold off on downloading it until their servers are a little less swamped.  :(

Signature

• Posted: 08 May 2002 03:10 PM #5

Thanks

I think I’ll wait till 1.0 before bothering.

Signature