See you around the bend…

Posted: 20 April 2007 11:44 AM

As I posted here;
    http://www.macobserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46850
    We’re moving to Nanaimo BC. (Yes I updated my profile a bit early). Well, the house is now sold, we have the Canadian Perminant residance cards, and today is my last day at work. Next Wednesday we head out in a caravan consisting of a Prius, a Mini Cooper, and 2-17’ U-Haul Vans. 1850 miles across plains, mountains, and water from Minnesota to Vancouver Island. I gotta finish packing and that means the computer gets put away this weekend. Once we arrive I don’t know when I’ll get network access again so…

TaTa4Now.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 20 April 2007 12:04 PM #1

Ya, good luck with the move, eh. :D

Signature

Brian

It depends on what you look at, obviously,
    But even more it depends on the way that you see

Posted: 04 May 2007 05:25 PM #2

We made it.

Two cars, two trucks, and four days on the road. but I’m there. I drove my Mini and I think I got the worst of it. The seat is good for, ohh about two hours and then it turns to concrete. Ten to 12 hour days are a LOOONG time to sit in a Mini. No incidents other than that, though. No crashes, no weather, they didn’t even hassle us at the border.  As a wise person told me a long time ago; Adventure is the Result of Poor Planning.

We’ve been here about a week and finally I got high speed Internet added to the cable in the rental place we are in. One thing I’ve noticed; for some reason Nanaimo is more Mac-friendly than Minnesota ever was. Not sure why.

Next on the agenda? Find a Job!

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery