See you around the bend…

Posted: 20 April 2007 11:44 AM

As I posted here;
    http://www.macobserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46850
    We’re moving to Nanaimo BC. (Yes I updated my profile a bit early). Well, the house is now sold, we have the Canadian Perminant residance cards, and today is my last day at work. Next Wednesday we head out in a caravan consisting of a Prius, a Mini Cooper, and 2-17’ U-Haul Vans. 1850 miles across plains, mountains, and water from Minnesota to Vancouver Island. I gotta finish packing and that means the computer gets put away this weekend. Once we arrive I don’t know when I’ll get network access again so…

TaTa4Now.

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.

Posted: 20 April 2007 12:04 PM #1

Ya, good luck with the move, eh. :D

Signature

Brian

It depends on what you look at, obviously,
    But even more it depends on the way that you see

Posted: 04 May 2007 05:25 PM #2

We made it.

Two cars, two trucks, and four days on the road. but I’m there. I drove my Mini and I think I got the worst of it. The seat is good for, ohh about two hours and then it turns to concrete. Ten to 12 hour days are a LOOONG time to sit in a Mini. No incidents other than that, though. No crashes, no weather, they didn’t even hassle us at the border.  As a wise person told me a long time ago; Adventure is the Result of Poor Planning.

We’ve been here about a week and finally I got high speed Internet added to the cable in the rental place we are in. One thing I’ve noticed; for some reason Nanaimo is more Mac-friendly than Minnesota ever was. Not sure why.

Next on the agenda? Find a Job!

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.