iPhone Campout

Posted: 18 May 2007 07:28 AM

Apple says the iPhone will ship in late June. Anyone planning on camping out to get one?

• Posted: 18 May 2007 07:58 AM #1

Re: iPhone Campout

First!

Posted: 18 May 2007 08:58 AM #2

Waiting is good

We will wait.
    We have let our contract with Verizon expire.
    We plan to wait until October or so to see how well it works in the real world and if it lives up to its hype.
    We actually don’t need (3 iPhones for the family) these gadgets, but they appear to very sexy.
    Oooh, shiny. Must buy.

Signature

Dave Barnes
    +1.303.744.9024
    WebEnhancement Services - Worldwide

• Posted: 18 May 2007 09:18 AM #3

Not right now

Not right now.  A few reasons why:

1) I signed a contract with Sprint about 3 weeks before the iPhone announcement, so I’ll have about 1 and a half years before that contracts up. Really don’t want to spend $200 to get out of it.

2) Cool looking phones, and I would love one, but just like the original iPod, the prices will come down, and new ‘must have’ features will be added.

3) They WILL have the camera on front on the phone ( I still can’t believe that this wasn’t in the first version ) so that people can see who they are talking to, like iChat on the Mac.

4) Battery supply unchangeable.

I will eventually get one, as it will be as the coolest gadget bar none, but the reasons stated above still stand againest it for the time being, in my opinion.

Signature

What the hell was that?

• Posted: 19 June 2007 02:49 PM #4

You forgot my choice: I’ll get one at a future time, after prices come down.

Right now I’m riding on a Verizon family plan and don’t personally pay anything for my phone service. I’m not giving that up for the privilege of buying a new $500 phone and being bound to a two-year contract. And I already have a 2GB iPod nano and a 30GB iPod with video, so the only thing I’d gain from the iPhone is web and mail. That doesn’t justify the current price for me.

[quote author=“NeverFade”]3) They WILL have the camera on front on the phone ( I still can’t believe that this wasn’t in the first version ) so that people can see who they are talking to, like iChat on the Mac.

Great point! I think in the next version it might be smart put the camera on a small rolling piece in the very top of the phone. That way you could can aim it toward yourself for iChat AV conferencing, or flip it back the opposite direction to use it as a standard still camera.

Posted: 19 June 2007 04:41 PM #5

I’m waiting for the lines to exist. Vodafone NZ still hasn’t made an announcement about taking on the iPhone. Telecom (Telecon? Telecrime?) NZ is switching to W-CDMA (which I understand to be a type of GSM - hell, I’m not a telecoms geek), but there’s no news from it either.

So I’ll wait. And I’ll wait. And then I’ll wait some more. Even though by then at this rate the $NZ will be worth more than the $US, it’ll cost me three arms and half a dozen legs. I’ll buy one.

Signature

Laurie Fleming - the singing geek

@LaurieFleming