Share your favorite photos (that YOU took!)

Posted: 27 May 2007 10:03 PM #16

[quote author=“David Nelson”]A statue of Jeanne d’Arc (aka. Joan of Arc to us Americans) in a French cathedral. Unfortunately I don’t remember the exact location, as it was several years ago. Taken with my very first digital camera, a 2-megapixel Fuji FinePix2800Zoom.

David, that’s Notre Dame Cathedral.  :D I was trying to figure out how I knew that photo, and I went through my old photo albums and there she was!  Different angle, but definitely the same version of Joan.

Signature

Still evil, after all these years.!

Posted: 28 May 2007 10:28 AM #17

• Posted: 28 May 2007 09:03 PM #18

[quote author=“jinkies”][quote author=“David Nelson”]A statue of Jeanne d’Arc (aka. Joan of Arc to us Americans) in a French cathedral. Unfortunately I don’t remember the exact location, as it was several years ago. Taken with my very first digital camera, a 2-megapixel Fuji FinePix2800Zoom.

David, that’s Notre Dame Cathedral.  :D I was trying to figure out how I knew that photo, and I went through my old photo albums and there she was!  Different angle, but definitely the same version of Joan.

Ah ha! I was wondering if that might be it, but most trips are such a whirlwind that it’s one of many cathedrals I saw on that vacation. 3+ years later it’s kind of hard to remember. :D Thanks!

Nice wedding picture, by the way. Looks like the lighting was great that day—nice and even.

• Posted: 28 May 2007 09:05 PM #19

[quote author=“macinnerd”]

Is there any story behind this photo? It looks like he’s cooking a meal on a rowboat… smile

Posted: 30 May 2007 04:20 AM #20

[quote author=“David Nelson”][quote author=“macinnerd”]

Is there any story behind this photo? It looks like he’s cooking a meal on a rowboat… smile

Yes, I took that photo in Egypt, and that’s the Nile. The person in the rowboat was selling snacks to passers by and other boaters.

• Posted: 30 May 2007 01:56 PM #21

Ah, very nice. smile

Posted: 31 May 2007 09:51 AM #22

This is a picture of a workman carefully fitting a cement weight into a crane on a really rotten day…

Posted: 05 June 2007 10:36 PM #23

This was taken in late March of 2003 just west of Hibbing, MN. The left tower is near the end of 31st street, it was built in the 40’s or 50’s. The right tower is in the process of being built, it’s across the street from the left tower. The middle tower is on top of Pill Hill, it was built in the 80’s, it’s about a mile from both the other towers. The large building on the right is the old Cobb-Cook School.

:cry: I’m not linking to larger images until I get some photos scanned in.

• Posted: 11 June 2007 03:35 AM #24

Guy on a skateboard. Back to ye olde Canon EOS 350D with 28-105mm lens. Not the best quality, since it was a fast-moving subject shot under poor lighting at ISO 800. Click to enlarge.

• Posted: 25 June 2007 11:58 PM #25

This topic needs more pictures!

Taken earlier today while experimenting with my newest lens, a Sigma 70-300mm, f/4-5.6.

Posted: 28 June 2007 11:04 PM #26

Click on above pic for a larger image.

This was taken in the summer of 2000 somewhere in the NV desert. We had just bought and picked up a manual 25” paper guillotine in Burbank CA and were on the way home to MN. The picture is a little dirty because I had it taped to the inside lid of my toolbox for a few years.

This is the exact one I have: Briar Press | Museum .

It’s hard to believe that my cutter is almost 130 years old and it cuts as straight and true as any modern cutter (it just takes a lot more sweat to use :wink:).

Posted: 29 June 2007 01:12 PM #27

Historical street in China, and… Starbucks! Talk about globalization…

• Posted: 30 June 2007 03:24 AM #28

Heceta Head Lighthouse, on the Oregon coast. Taken earlier this week.

Click to enlarge.

Posted: 01 July 2007 12:45 PM #29

I just got back from a week in the Seattle area.  I was there for a work trip, but got to spend a lot of time with my friends as well.

Here’s a photo of three year old Henry, on a hike with myself and my friend (and his mom), Jess.

Signature

Still evil, after all these years.!

• Posted: 01 July 2007 01:39 PM #30

Cute picture, Jinkies! smile