Is it time to buy AAPL stock?

• Posted: 02 February 2002 02:28 PM

AAPL closed today at $19.09, according to our intrepid editor .

>iBrotha counts the change in his pocket and checks to see how many shares he can afford to buy<

I think it’s a good time to buy stock, because, as this guy says, Apple may be on the curve (ahead of the curve, actually) on the Digital Hub thingee.

Thoughts?

Rodney O. Lain
    iBrotha @TMO
    iBrotha.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iBrotha on 2001-08-17 21:13 ]</font>

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

Posted: 24 July 2001 11:14 PM #1

I don’t think it has bottomed out.  Wes would have a more qualified opinion, I think, but I also think he will agree with me on this.

IMO, Apple will test support only a couple of bucks above cash levels.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 16 August 2001 09:01 PM #2

I’m strongly considering buying about 50 or 100 shares for the long term (but before the Paris Expo)...

Signature

Posted: 17 August 2001 07:01 AM #3

Jeesh, the stock is at US$18.18 as I type this.  That’s just not much more than the company’s cash-on-hand value…

It doesn’t seem as if it can realistically go much lower, but I am interested in what the technical traders among us might say.

Signature

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 17 August 2001 07:05 AM #4

I personally am going to buy in a few weeks (when I get my check.  I think by then it will be even a better buy.

• Posted: 17 August 2001 07:52 AM #5

I think AAPL below 18$ is definitly a buy. I already have some 1000 and I will buy another 500 or more for 17.95$.
    So lets hope to see it today.

• Posted: 17 August 2001 08:12 AM #6

Apple’s performance can only buoy it’s stock price for a very short time after good news is released.  The infuriating fact I’ve had to learn the hard way over the past year, is that a stock’s value is determined more from the state of the market as a whole than it is by the value of the company itself.  Just my two cents(all I can afford).

• Posted: 17 August 2001 09:10 AM #7

I just finished a project and will use the money from that to buy more Apple stock while the price is low.

Apple may be like the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and be the only operating system afloat after DOJ and/or hackers get through with MicroSoft.

Whatever, I am pretty certain that Apple stock will rise, hell I am gambling on it.

• Posted: 17 August 2001 01:17 PM #8

already got some, buying more asap. (unless it goes over 25)

i have three friends, one with an acer, one with a micron, one with a packard bell- they all told me when i bought (‘97) apple ‘that company will be dead in a year- and you wont be able to get support…’

gues whos havin the last laugh now…all 3 of them have lost their peecee company. and apple is looking stronger than since the 80’s.

i WILL be tellin them which company is THE BEST.
    disclaimer: i will soon be working for apple at retail. (part time sales/part time mac genius.)

Posted: 17 August 2001 01:24 PM #9

That is pretty ironic, Anonymous.

Are your friends aware of the irony of the situation?

Signature

• Posted: 17 August 2001 09:20 PM #10

call me crazy but i think the retail stores are going to make a BIG diference in the way apple is precieved by the public. a store (there will be 25 or so of them) says “Here we are” you have a problem were here to handle it and we arent going anywhere. trained salesmen will show apple equipment and software as it should be demoed not some pee cee weeny looking to push that daYs overstock out the door.
    If they finance the stores out of the tv comercal budget alone it would be worth it.  hundreds of thousands of people pass these stores each day in each mall.
      some of them purchasing agents for big companys.
    Two engineers from Ericson that I personally know are throwing there wintell boxes in the closet and ordering g4s (these two guys really know there way around a bios config let be tell you).
      If total wintel pros like these two are doing this theres a crack in the dam here.  J.P. Morgan said “Buy when there’s Blood in the streets” accumulate shares. who cares what there worth till the day you want to cash them in 4 or 5 years down the road.
    (i made 12,000 dollars the day Gates bought in.
      the day before it looked bleak… the next week i was a hero) like Humpfrey Bogart said on the African Queen “yer pays yer money and yer takes yer chances missy”
    I’m buying more monday. (yes i sold and rebought a few times apple been werry werry good to me) dont forget it is friday after all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: otaojones on 2001-08-18 00:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: otaojones on 2001-08-18 00:27 ]</font>

Signature

“Warm Beer….Cold women… I just don’t fit in… “
    Tom Waits

• Posted: 18 August 2001 09:58 AM #11

Just pulled up AAPL’s stock chart…

I wouldn’t say it has bottomed out.  It is at 18 right now and the 52-week low is 13.63.  the 50-day moving avg says it is in a downward trend right now.  Most analysts are just recommending “Hold”, with a few recommending “Buy”.  Actually the whole personal computer market is in a glut right now as far as stocks go.  Look at the recent trends for IBM and Dell, they are both down.

I guess if you are thinking long-term and want to buy now, it’s possible that AAPL might once again reach the $40-60 range, but the whole personal computer market would have to rebound for that to happen (and of course Apple will have to continue increasing their revenues).  Can’t see that happening anytime soon… the whole economy just plain sucks right now.

• Posted: 18 August 2001 10:24 PM #12

Is it me, or are most of the analysts seeing Apple as “just another PC company.” It seems to me that Apple has more of an actual “fan base” than a “user base.” Kind of more like trekkies in a way (sorry for the comparison to those offended)  I mean, how many people have actually been to a “Dell” convention?

• Posted: 19 August 2001 01:22 PM #13

Buy when there’s blood, but remember to check valuation. Getty said that you should buy on bad news after the consensus is bankruptcy. You guys missed the bottom in Dec 2000. I only got 200 shares at 14

I’m bullish overall, guessing that AAPL is worth 35 in an okay market. This market is not okay. Buy below 15. Wasn’t cash at about 11 bucks a share last week? Apple has a lot of illiquid assets and a herd of good patents, too. Don’t forget that they pick their timing, unlike the slaves to Microsoft who must jump when the bell rings.

The only thing that I can complain about concerning Apple, is that they don’t protect their VAR’s.

There’s a used TiBook out there for me!

rufus13
    Portland Oregon

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

• Posted: 29 August 2001 05:44 PM #14

I just moved a sh*tload of money into my “holding account” with my stock broker yesterday. AAPL closed today at $17.83.

My finger is hovering over the “buy” button…

Any thoughts?

Signature

• Posted: 04 October 2001 12:12 AM #15

Apple is very cheap now. They are worried about what Apple will report for the quarter and the end of the year. They report on Oct 17. If they were going to warn, they would have done so by now. Even in terrible times Apple is doing good. In better times Apple will do Grrrrreat!!!!! Keep the faith. Apple is the best. Always was, always will be.