Jedi Knight II coming to the Mac

• Posted: 30 May 2002 02:30 PM

Yes people, this is great news. The guys and girls at Aspyr are bringing the game to us.

More info:
    http://www.aspyr.com/mini-sites/jk2/

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

Posted: 31 May 2002 12:52 AM #1

Good news indeed.  grin

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 31 May 2002 08:09 AM #2

Aspyr, huh? Cool.  I’ll be looking for a hack to allow my Jedi to fly around on a Nimbus 2000.  LOL

Signature

Behold the power of cheese!

Posted: 31 May 2002 09:52 AM #3

Now this is my kind of first person shooter/slasher.

Gotta get the code to turn Lightsaber Dismemberment on…. apparently it makes the lightsaber much more practical to use.  :D

Signature

-Jon Roth

Instant Philosopher; Just add hot topic and stir.

• Posted: 02 June 2002 06:55 PM #4

I am gonna run out and by this one as soon as its available.. sweetness!  Aspyr I love you!

• Posted: 03 June 2002 07:46 PM #5

I played jedi knight 1, and it was pretty addictive.  I especially liked the pig police dudes on tatuine, how they chased you around if you hurt someone, and kept saying “your a dirty bad killer” or something like that.  I will definitely have to try and convince my mum to let me buy this one (its highly educational…)

Signature

Why debate when you can massdebate?

• Posted: 19 June 2002 09:37 AM #6

Nova, I THINK you might be referring to The Phantom Menace game instead. Are you sure the pigs were from Jedi Knight? I don’t even remember Tatooine in Jedi Knight.

Anyway, I am VERY excited about this. I have always wanted to play Jedi Knight on my mac, and now, it’s coming true. It’s too bad we don’t get a free copy of Jedi Knight 1 like the PC users did. Oh well. That’s what we get for owning soem great computers that the gaming industry shamelessly forgets.

Except for Aspyr, we love you, Aspyr!

• Posted: 19 June 2002 12:36 PM #7

Yeah thats the one I meant (it was on PC tho).

Signature

Why debate when you can massdebate?

• Posted: 19 June 2002 02:33 PM #8

The only game with pigs and cops, well pigcops to be honest was the great Duke Nukem 3D. I just hope there’ll be a new version of this great game. I loved the humour.

As for JK 2. I’ll be getting that game ASAP. The idea of running around with a light saber killing alien scum is awesome.

Signature

Tjeerd van Hoytema

—-
    Join us at irc.macobserver.com #macobserver

• Posted: 19 June 2002 06:40 PM #9

Actually, do any of you remember the Gamorreans from Return of the Jedi? You know, the pig guys? I think that’s what nova is referring to.

• Posted: 19 June 2002 08:28 PM #10

[quote author=“KitsuneStudios”]Now this is my kind of first person shooter/slasher.

Gotta get the code to turn Lightsaber Dismemberment on…. apparently it makes the lightsaber much more practical to use.  :D

I downloaded and played the (Windows) demo… It is great fun. And yes, the dismemberment code is awesome. smile Apparently in the full version, there are codes to walk around in an AT-ST and to fly an X-Wing. smile (both codes crash the demo)

Keep in mind that the system requirements for JKII are higher than those of Quake III, especially if you turn on the pretty shadows. smile

Judging by the one level demo, I have to have this game. More than I have to have RtCW, because, well, I’m happy with the RtCW MP demo. wink

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

• Posted: 27 June 2002 12:26 PM #11

grin

I AM SMILING!!!!!!

Mitch

Signature

Hmmm… software.