Warcraft 3

• Posted: 03 June 2002 05:51 PM

warcraft 3 is coming to mac so does nayone know where to get or acquire a copy of W3 from blizzard?

• Posted: 03 June 2002 07:50 PM #1

I dont know where to get a copy from blizzard, but if you asked a mac software dealer nicely, I think they would be happy to order in a copy, or at least tell you where else you could get it.

Signature

Why debate when you can massdebate?

• Posted: 09 June 2002 04:52 PM #2

The cd will be a hybrid.  By the pc box, you get the mac version.  Just remember to register it and let it be known you are using it on a mac!

• Posted: 10 June 2002 10:27 PM #3

Warcraft III ROCKS.  I have the beta (for PC unfortunately).

I can’t wait till the final game is out.  Like said, it will be a hybrid cd, so buy it anyware and your fine.

<edit>

Just to let you know how much it rocks, I have been up till 2:30 for the past five nights straight playing it.

</edit>

Signature

Jon

a computer without windows is like a cake without ketchup.

• Posted: 19 June 2002 06:36 AM #4

Just to let you know how much it rocks, I have been up till 2:30 for the past five nights straight playing it.

Ummm…. Yeah.  I’m very VERY happy.  Just “aquired” a copy last night.

Signature

I’m out of time, patience and my mind… but I have plenty of excuses.

• Posted: 21 June 2002 08:36 AM #5

Well, there go my evenings.

I am SO not going to get anything done this July.

:D

-Jeff

• Posted: 03 July 2002 10:05 AM #6

IT’S HERE!!!!!

It’s in stores now… I just bought my copy for my PC at home!

Yes, It’s a Hybrid CD.

Required:
    Mac OS 9.0 or higher / Mac OS X 10.1.3 or higher
    400 MHz G3
    128 MB RAM
    16 MB 3D Card (ATI Tech. NVidia prefered)
    700 MB HD space
    4x CD-ROM

Reccomended:
    600 MHz
    256 RAM
    32 MB 3D Card

Signature

• Posted: 03 July 2002 10:12 AM #7

I just got my collector’s edition today.  $80 WOW!!!!!  But well worth it.

Anyway, this has some of the most awesome OS X support I have seen.  Blizzard ROCKS….

Signature

Jon

• Posted: 03 July 2002 09:57 PM #8

Some thoughts on war3 retail now….

This game plays SO much better on my 933 than on my Athlon 1700, with ddr ram.  I think the biggest difference is vid card, which i better on the mac, but still.  The athlon has way higher clock speed, faster ram and bus, but play is still better in OS X.  I’m very happy.

It plays ok on my dual 450, with rage 128 pro, but the vid card is WAY lacking.  I lowered settings to 800x600, with fairly low texture detail, as compared to 1280x1024 full settings for everything on the 933.

I LOVE it when a game plays better on OS X than on PC’s.

Signature

Jon

• Posted: 04 July 2002 03:40 AM #9

I ordered my copy of the ?79.95 collectors edition yesterday.  I hope I’ll get it soon. I can’t wait to try out this game on my Mac. There are few games I’ve been longing for so much, but this is one of them.

Signature

Tjeerd van Hoytema

—-
    Join us at irc.macobserver.com #macobserver

• Posted: 09 July 2002 06:12 AM #10

Wow…

I can’t wait to play this game. Any suggestions about online play?

Signature

Hmmm… software.

• Posted: 09 July 2002 07:31 AM #11

I beat the game last night…

<humbled>wow</humbled>

This is the best game I have ever played.  As far as RTS games go, I didn’t find a single flaw.  I love Starcraft, Love Warcraft, Love Diablo, liked age of empires (mostly some of the features were cooler than starcraft).

EVERYTHING that I loved about those games is all rolled in to Warcraft 3.  They even improved gameplay!  Building armies and then not having to deselect your army when you select a unit type to use its special abilities?  Killer!

The “outtakes” at the end are funny, the rock concert with Prince Arthas as the lead singer is hilarious (at least at 2:00 am it is).

It’s now wide open for the expansion, which I won’t tell anybody what I think it will be because I don’t want to ruin it for those that haven’t beat the game yet.

All I can say about the game is… wow.  Thank you Blizzard!

Signature

• Posted: 09 July 2002 09:44 AM #12

I’m on the fourth Night Elf level, but spend more time on battle.net than with single player, but I’ll finish soon too.

As I said many times, this is such an awesome game.

Signature

Jon

• Posted: 10 July 2002 04:31 AM #13

Better than Starcraft? That’s very high praise in my book.

I was going to buy it anyway, but it’s sure to be the game I buy next after completing MOH:AA now.

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

• Posted: 10 July 2002 06:23 AM #14

Better than Starcraft? That’s very high praise in my book.

It takes Blizzard to beat a Blizzard game.  Starcraft WAS my favorite game until this.

I found out something interesting last night playing against the computer.  If you select an army with your number keys and press another number key, it will select all of the units from both armies.

(Press one and two together, or one then two quickly after) It still only selects 12 units total, but it takes those with the highest health, or best attack damage.  Pretty cool.

Signature

• Posted: 10 July 2002 10:30 AM #15

One of my favorite things about war3 are the “mods”.  It has only been a week, and already there are TONS of RPG mods, Hero Battle Arena mods, tower defence, and TONS of others.  I have even seen stuff like “Survivor” and some other wacky ones too.

IT is just WAY too much fun.

Signature

Jon