iPhoto Calendar help, please

• Posted: 17 December 2007 10:53 PM

Ok, my wife spent the better part of the day creating three 2008 calendars for family and friends, and is excited about what she created - thanks to Apple!

Well, I was about to place an order one of each of these calendars, but I can’t figure-out how.  I can certainly do 3 separate orders, but that is illogical and I’d like to avoid 3 separate shipping charges of 5 bucks each also… as it is all one order or shipment.

I hope someone can offer some advice and fairly soon as we want to get this order processed tonight or first thing in the morning prior to leaving for work.  Thanks much!

• Posted: 24 December 2007 10:45 AM #1

As a matter of follow-up… I got a reply and thought I would share as it might help others who search on this topic in the future:

Thank you for contacting Apple Photo Services Customer Support. I understand you are concerned about having to pay multiple shipping charges for 3 orders of the same type. Perhaps I can help explain a bit.

If you are ordering multiple copies of the same calendar, and would like them shipped to the same address, you may reduce the cost of shipping by combining them into a single order.  Simply change the quantity to match the number of calendars you need.  If you are ordering different calendars, or they are being sent to different addresses, a shipping charge will be applied to each order.

To verify the status of your Apple photo order, visit http://www.apple.com/internetservices/yourorderstatus and sign in using your Apple ID and password.

To read the sales policies and ordering information for Apple Photo products and Apple’s other web-based services, visit http://www.apple.com/internetservices/terms/sales_policies.html.

For information about shipping methods available for book and print orders, please visit, http://www.apple.com/support/photoservices/shipping_prices/

The reason this is like this, is because of the the automation of our system that processes, prints, and ships.

I hope this information was helpful and informative. Thank you for being a valued iPhoto customer. Have a great day. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
    =================

Not exactly satisfied, I replied and will share if anyone is interested.  As a consumer and investor in AAPL, I’m feeling a little discouraged that this is the current state of ordering…

• Posted: 02 February 2008 02:41 PM #2

I would be interested to know, even though here in Oz we don’t have automated photo book ordering from Apple. Orders have to be supplied through a 3rd party.

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi

• Posted: 02 February 2008 03:23 PM #3

I explained myself sufficiently well, and got this reply:

I do understand you discouragement with this. I know it doesn’t make much sense, especially after a current Apple employee has told you something different.

I have provided you with a refund for two of your shipping charges for your three orders. In 3-5 business days you will see credits in the amounts of: $4.99 and $4.99.

I’m very sorry for any confusion that has been caused by receiving two answers from two different Apple employees. If you happen to have the full name of the agent you spoke to on the phone, I will be able to talk to her and inform her about the actual situation here to help with customer satisfaction in the future.

Just as an “FYI”, Apple knows that no one is better geared to provide feedback regarding it’s products than our customers who purchase and use them. I urge you to bring this suggestion to our feedback department. You can provide feedback at this link:

iPhoto Feedback
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphoto.html

Thank you again for being such a great Apple customer. We appreciate your business, Tony. I hope you have a great day and enjoy your calendars. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
    ===========

I did indeed provide feedback as described, hoping that this can be resolved.  We plan to make different calendars every year, and submit them on one order ideally, with one shipping charge.  Once again, Apple support did the right thing…

• Posted: 03 February 2008 02:49 PM #4

That’s a satisfactory outcome.

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi