Sitting here watching the tumbleweeds…

Posted: 16 February 2008 10:33 PM

The TMO forum is becoming less and less populated every day. It sure isn’t what it was a few years ago.

I doubt I’ll even get a reply to this post.

This here ghost forum is sure getting sleepy…

Posted: 17 February 2008 03:23 AM #1

Watch out. Tumbleweeds can scratch up your car when you hit them.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

Posted: 17 February 2008 04:17 AM #2

Nice to see that you’re still around, Intruder.

• Posted: 17 February 2008 09:19 AM #3

Many of us are here. smile

A couple/few active members willing to make regular posts would do much for this forum. The AFB keeps me quite busy but I’m willing to contribute from time to time.

Posted: 17 December 2008 04:30 PM #4

I have just returned and plan on posting as much as I can. Been away too long.

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

Posted: 18 December 2008 01:08 AM #5

Yes you have.

Signature

Posted: 18 December 2008 10:48 AM #6

Life happened. Divorce, custody battle, hell, health issues, and so on.

Doing much better now. Moved to MN, new life, new start.

Glad to be back though.

Signature

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

Posted: 22 December 2008 10:09 AM #7

Dang… glad to hear you’re doing better.

How’d you like Minnesota?

Posted: 22 December 2008 03:43 PM #8

I love MN. Great place, even with the sub-zero temps. Lots of good food, music, etc. Heck, the other week I got to see “My Name Is Bruce” and Bruce Campbell did a Q&A afterwards.

Signature

Posted: 07 May 2009 11:53 AM #9

This is a test to see if I can code a link here at TMO because they don’t seem to work for me when commenting on a news story. You young whippersnappers should check out The Art of Manliness website

Okay that worked. I didn’t do anything different than I did under the old systems, same BBcode.

Anyway now I will wait for some juicy and controversial news story where the comments could benefit from a link.

[ Edited: 07 May 2009 11:57 AM by Lee Dronick ]

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 07 May 2009 11:53 PM #10

Poor Sir Harry, all dressed up and no place to link!!

Signature

Posted: 08 May 2009 12:13 AM #11

Intruder - 08 May 2009 02:53 AM

Poor Sir Harry, all dressed up and no place to link!!

I have plenty of places to which to link I just can’t seem to do it in the story comments, it works here in the forums. What is happening is that the page refreshes, but my post isn’t there. John and I have been exchanging emails about it.

Check out this coffee cup.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 08 May 2009 08:21 AM #12

What I don’t understand is why we need to go through a “redirect” page whenever we click on a link from the forums.

Posted: 08 May 2009 08:22 AM #13

What I don’t understand is why we need to go through a “redirect” page whenever we click on a link from the forums.

Oh, and that is a cool coffee cup!

Posted: 28 May 2009 09:29 PM #14

MaxW - 08 May 2009 11:22 AM

Oh, and that is a cool coffee cup!

Good question! I just noticed this myself just now. Does this have something to do with the forum software or how it is set up? Just out of curiosity, I’d like to know as well.

Signature

Early 2009 24” iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 640 GB hard drive, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7
    Canon EOS 50D, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro

Posted: 29 May 2009 01:15 AM #15

Most likely a security feature built-in to the forum software. With the amount of malicious links these days, having a redirect page can be a good thing.

With phishing and malware one could easily malform a URL in a forum post. A visitor/user clicks it, and a keylogger gets installed in the background without a person knowing.

With a redirect such as TMO has, you have to click the link to go there. This gives you time to pause, check the link through a hover action and see if it goes where it is supposed to go.

I know it doesn’t matter much to us Mac users, but there are quite a few Windows users who check out Mac forums, and Mac users who browse from work WinPCs.

Those are my thoughts on it.

(...and if this was Marvel, I would have a No-Prize!)

Signature