ability to email pages to friends, self…

• Posted: 01 August 2001 05:43 AM

Bryan and Dave,

I’m sitting here at work and saw the article about OmniWeb 4.0.3. I wanted to email the page to myself as a reminder to download it. But, with my version of Outlook for Win95, if I wanted to email myself the link, I would have to wait for Outlook to launch (which consists of me putting in my user i.d., network password and other stuff in order ot enable LDAP access), then send the email.

How about this instead: how about a form where we can enter an email address. It would be labeled by “email this page to a friend.”

Is this possible?

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

• Posted: 31 July 2001 02:31 PM #1

Although I am neither Bryan nor Dave (obviously) I have the same Bulletin Board (phpBB) running from my home Mac OS X machine, and so I have experienced the administration details.

It appears quite difficult.  Although there is a spot for one to enter in html code for the header and footer.  It may be possible to enter code here, but it would require some kind of funny Javascript (probably).  I am also interested in what Bryan and/or David think of this.

Signature

Signatures are for geeks…. I’m a geek.

Posted: 31 July 2001 03:25 PM #2

I think Rodney means our news articles.  We have been planning on adding this feature for a long time, but have yet to get around to it.  Thanks for the push, Rodney!

How does phpBB run on X, Retro?

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 31 July 2001 10:46 PM #3

Pretty slick, I must say.  You can check out my modest beginning here:

Mini’app’les Programmers SIG Forums .  I have noticed that sometimes if people have graphics, they don’t always load properly.  But other than that, its working great!  A great tool, and I demonstrated its installation to my SIG members.  It was a blast.

Signature

Posted: 31 July 2001 11:27 PM #4

Are you a coder, Retro?  I have been wanting to add some programming forums here, but I haven’t found (or looked for) any appropriate Mods yet.

Signature

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 31 July 2001 11:28 PM #5

And the forums you have look good, though I the colors almost sparked a seizure in me. 

Signature

• Posted: 01 August 2001 05:43 AM #6

I am an electrical engineer by trade, so I do coding in Assembly and C pretty much all day.  I am quietly learning to code in Cocoa.  I could be a Mod but gee I’d lose all my stars Actually I’d be honored to be the MOD of The Mac Observer Programmers Forum.  Private message me if you want to talk turkey.

Signature