manga to be offered to n. america and europe via itunes

Posted: 13 July 2008 04:16 AM

I found the following here .

With the worldwide launch of the online App Store for Apple’s iPhone and iPod Touch mobile devices on Friday, the software developer Sonoran Blue began offering Japanese manga as electronic books (e-books) in the store. Currently, the company offers the first installments from four manga titles ? Takao Saito’s Golgo 13, Mine Yoshizaki’s Keroro Gunsou (Sgt. Frog), Yuichirou Sueda’s Souta no Houchou, and Kouji Inoue’s Mahiru no Tenshi ? for free. Celsys, the developer of the ComicStudio/Manga Studio manga-making software, created the electronic comic viewer software being used, and it plans to offer the viewer to North America and Europe.

Although FUNimation and Manga offer a few anime titles through iTunes, I’m not aware of any manga offerings—at least through the U.S. store.  I’ve just seriously gotten into anime over the last few years and am learning quite a bit.  I’d love to read the manga from which so much of it is derived without paying an arm and a leg for the titles through someplace like Amazon.  Therefore, I look forward to more anime titles and my first manga through iTunes.

I’m certain there are other anime/manga fans out here among this crowd.  Am I right?  :wink:

• Posted: 10 February 2009 07:26 PM #1

Hmm, sounds interesting, pay per volume kinda thing? maybe. could be cool