Post Competition idea

• Posted: 13 August 2001 05:22 PM

How about a place where we can look up how many posts everyone has. Sort it via the highest poster (Bryan on top of course, and go down….then we can see where everyone falls in the posting race)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Extell on 2001-08-03 18:22 ]</font>

Signature

Growing old is mandatory;
    Growing up is optional.

Posted: 03 August 2001 04:00 PM #1

Actually, there already is in this incredible forum engine, phpBB.

Hit the Member List at the top, and then sort by posts by hitting the link at the top of that column.

Alternately, you can hit this link as I have already done the “work.”

Thanks for the comment!

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 03 August 2001 05:36 PM #2

“The Voice” and I are neck and neck.  It was 178 to 178 before this post.  Feel the pressure…

Brad

Signature

Brad Smith
    The Mac Observer

• Posted: 09 August 2001 01:39 AM #3

Yesssss, I’m number four!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David Nelson on 2001-08-09 04:40 ]</font>

• Posted: 09 August 2001 11:14 AM #4

Um can anyone spell “3 stars”? Hehe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retro on 2001-08-09 14:16 ]</font>

Signature

Signatures are for geeks…. I’m a geek.

• Posted: 09 August 2001 12:50 PM #5

Hey, y’all really don’t want me to unleash perl and expect scripts on this site, do you? Or, to quote Danny Glover in Silverado, “Now I don’t wanna shoot you and you don’t wanna be dead.”

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde

Posted: 10 August 2001 12:06 AM #6

I can spell “3 stars.”  I spell it R - E - T- R- O.

Soon I will have an alternate spelling too.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 10 August 2001 01:07 AM #7

On 2001-08-10 03:06, Bryan wrote:
    I can spell “3 stars.”  I spell it R - E - T- R- O.

Really? I spell it R - O - L - A - I - D - S.  Or do I have it confused with something else?...

• Posted: 10 August 2001 09:07 AM #8

Really? I spell it R - O - L - A - I - D - S.  Or do I have it confused with something else?...

Huh?

• Posted: 10 August 2001 10:36 AM #9

I’m thinking the R-O-L-A-I-D-S quip was a shot across my bow?   Hehe.  Well I have to say that truly the stars are fun, but its the forum that counts.  Besides, once I have 1000 posts, where do I go from there?  The FAQ doesn’t say!  Well it will all be moot soon.

Signature

Signatures are for geeks…. I’m a geek.

• Posted: 10 August 2001 10:55 AM #10

Just tell me this is an American inside slang joke. and I’ll say you guys ain’t wierd

Signature

Tjeerd van Hoytema

—-
    Join us at irc.macobserver.com #macobserver

• Posted: 10 August 2001 03:15 PM #11

Hey what do ya know, i just movd into a tie for 7th.

• Posted: 10 August 2001 03:31 PM #12

R - O - L - A - I - D - S spells Relief!  Am I the only one who has ever heard that advertising slogan?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David Nelson on 2001-08-10 18:33 ]</font>

• Posted: 10 August 2001 08:22 PM #13

On 2001-08-10 18:31, David Nelson wrote:
    R - O - L - A - I - D - S spells Relief!  Am I the only one who has ever heard that advertising slogan?

I’ve heard it before, but I still don’t understand your joke.  Please explain further.

• Posted: 12 August 2001 01:16 AM #14

I’ve heard it before, but I still don’t understand your joke.  Please explain further.

Bryan said “I can spell “3 stars.” I spell it R - E - T- R- O.”
    I said I spell it “R - O - L - A - I - D - S” because “rolaids spells releif” is also is a spelling that does not match what the actaul word was. Ok, so it was dumb. I didn’t think anyone would even comment on it. 

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David Nelson on 2001-08-12 04:16 ]</font>

• Posted: 13 August 2001 12:39 PM #15

On 2001-08-12 04:16, David Nelson wrote:

Bryan said “I can spell “3 stars.” I spell it R - E - T- R- O.”
    I said I spell it “R - O - L - A - I - D - S” because “rolaids spells releif” is also is a spelling that does not match what the actaul word was. Ok, so it was dumb. I didn’t think anyone would even comment on it. 

Gotcha.