Possibly a dumb question if anyone wants to answer it

Posted: 31 July 2008 05:19 PM

I see I can sell my iPhone on ebay for about the same price of a new 3G iPhone.  If I do this, what happens with my ATT contract.  I want to continue the plan.  I assume I activate the new phone but what about removing the one I sell from my plan?  Make any sense?

Thank You -

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 31 July 2008 05:59 PM #1

I believe you need to sign a new 2 year contract with the new iPhone.  If you do so, I would assume they would release you from your current contract and you could then sell your existing phone.  Make sure you remove the SIM first.

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 31 July 2008 06:06 PM #2

wondering if it would be at the newer (higher) 3G rate as well??

BTW, how’s your Ram working out, hope the install went well.

• Posted: 31 July 2008 06:48 PM #3

After ordering my 3G from AT&T on launch day, it came in eleven days later.  I got the lower price on it as it was “an upgrade.”  I read somewhere that you had to bring in your 2G to the store, but they never asked to see it. I had to sign a new two year contract at the new higher rates.  I asked if I would be able to use the rollover minutes that I had accumulated on the old contract.  They seemed to think not and gave me the Customer Service number if I wanted to call about this.

To reactivate my original 2G, they said to just connect to iTunes and sign up with a new number.  When I asked what rate plan it would be, they said iTunes would recognize the 2G and I would be on a new two-year plan at the original rate.

(My new phone is significantly less responsive at times than the old one when tapping the keys.  The search contact feature is great, but I sometimes have to tap it three or four times before the keypad will appear.)