Possibly a dumb question if anyone wants to answer it

Posted: 31 July 2008 05:19 PM

I see I can sell my iPhone on ebay for about the same price of a new 3G iPhone.  If I do this, what happens with my ATT contract.  I want to continue the plan.  I assume I activate the new phone but what about removing the one I sell from my plan?  Make any sense?

Thank You -

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 31 July 2008 05:59 PM #1

I believe you need to sign a new 2 year contract with the new iPhone.  If you do so, I would assume they would release you from your current contract and you could then sell your existing phone.  Make sure you remove the SIM first.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 31 July 2008 06:06 PM #2

Tony,
    wondering if it would be at the newer (higher) 3G rate as well??

BTW, how’s your Ram working out, hope the install went well.
    Chas

• Posted: 31 July 2008 06:48 PM #3

After ordering my 3G from AT&T on launch day, it came in eleven days later.  I got the lower price on it as it was “an upgrade.”  I read somewhere that you had to bring in your 2G to the store, but they never asked to see it. I had to sign a new two year contract at the new higher rates.  I asked if I would be able to use the rollover minutes that I had accumulated on the old contract.  They seemed to think not and gave me the Customer Service number if I wanted to call about this.

To reactivate my original 2G, they said to just connect to iTunes and sign up with a new number.  When I asked what rate plan it would be, they said iTunes would recognize the 2G and I would be on a new two-year plan at the original rate.

(My new phone is significantly less responsive at times than the old one when tapping the keys.  The search contact feature is great, but I sometimes have to tap it three or four times before the keypad will appear.)