Calling ALL 3G iPhone OWNERS!

• Posted: 29 November 2008 01:48 PM #286

[quote author=“DawnTreader”][quote author=“turleymuller”]

Therefore, I would surmise the channel inventory reported at qtr-end had a huge dent in it by the time of the earnings release.

The key issue is what level will Apple end this qtr ? I’m thinking possibly more than 2M given the additional POS that will have come online since end of Q4, notable Russia.

I’m not so sure though of how Apple plans to handle ending channel inventory. I can see plenty of inventory to be maintained in the Asian channels due to the Lunar New Year celebrations beginning in late January as well as two to three weeks of channel supply for post-Christmas sales.

Apple will plan ending inventory to coincide with anticipated March quarter sales.  The March quarter is the slowest handset sales quarter of the year.  The only thing that would increase sales of the iPhone during this period, would be a China launch.  I don’t expect any comments on that until MWSF, with actual launch occurring late February/early March (if the launch occurs during the March quarter).

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 29 November 2008 02:21 PM #287

[quote author=“Gregg Thurman”]

Apple will plan ending inventory to coincide with anticipated March quarter sales.  The March quarter is the slowest handset sales quarter of the year.  The only thing that would increase sales of the iPhone during this period, would be a China launch.  I don’t expect any comments on that until MWSF, with actual launch occurring late February/early March (if the launch occurs during the March quarter).

How much channel inventory at quarter end will depend on how much inventory carriers will want to carry going into the March quarter,  Also, timing is an issue - when resellers want to restock and far they wish to draw inventory levels down before doing so. 2Q07 iPhone sales were very strong (1.7M vs 2.3M Q1) and would have been a little higher if it weren’t for sporadic iPhone shortage in March.

Apple will plan production to coincide with expected March demand with consideration to current channel inventory.

I see momentum to continue -  channel fill : more countries and more points of sale (walmart ? radio shacK? or something similar ) Demand End User: contracts expiring (non-att) & upgrade elgibility (att non-iPhone) will free up potential buyers who are interested in iPhone.

Signature

Financial Alchemist

• Posted: 29 November 2008 02:42 PM #288

[quote author=“Gregg Thurman”]

However, we remain within two years of the original iPhone’s release and there is some pent-up demand from people waiting on contracts to expire. I’m not expecting FQ2 to be a stellar iPhone quarter but I do think a refresh must be in the plans considering the onslaught of competing products. Enterprise adoption remains a wild card and there’s enough positive press on iPhone adoption in the enterprise market to keep some momentum into FQ2.

• Posted: 29 November 2008 09:05 PM #289

[quote author=“turleymuller”]
    2Q07 iPhone sales were very strong (1.7M vs 2.3M Q1) and would have been a little higher if it weren’t for sporadic iPhone shortage in March.

Apple will plan production to coincide with expected March demand with consideration to current channel inventory.

I see momentum to continue -  channel fill : more countries and more points of sale (walmart ? radio shacK? or something similar ) Demand End User: contracts expiring (non-att) & upgrade elgibility (att non-iPhone) will free up potential buyers who are interested in iPhone.

Your points are well taken.  However, more contracts will expire during the DEC quarter than any other, and fewer contracts will expire during the MAR quarter than any other.  That’s why I think a China launch is so important to continued QoQ iPhone sales growth.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 01 December 2008 01:02 PM #290

16GB black
    Purchased @ U.S. apple store November 28
    Serial 87844
    IMEI 01 177600 41794

• Posted: 01 December 2008 09:34 PM #291

Just got another replacement phone over the weekend.  Again, it has nothing to do with the phone.  I’m just trying to annoy my operator to the point that they’ll let me cancel my damn contract.

16GB white
    Replacement phone from 3 Hong Kong
    Serial 5k845
    IMEI 01 177600 16796

Posted: 14 December 2008 04:21 PM #292

Well, that’s the best I could come up with given the data we have. It’s clear to me that Steve wasn’t too happy about us stealing the 10M announcement from him.

• Posted: 19 December 2008 09:44 PM #293

8GB Black
    AT&T Memphis
    11/5/2008

01 174400 9220XX

Signature

Financial Alchemist

Posted: 20 December 2008 10:30 AM #294

Havent been posting for a while been busy traveling and working.
    I have good news and bad news…..first the good news…..

I will be providing serial number and IMEI info on two new purchases in the coming days.

The bad news one of them was for my own iphone which was stolen last weekend in Atlanta. 8/

Police report filed, investigator provided with detailed call list (more than 7 calls) that stupid thief made while using my sim and service. Name address and work number of one of the recipients as well. Officer said everyone he called just denied any involvement or knowledge of any received phone calls at all.

Have not called ATT to cancel yet but will probably do it today or tomorrow, when I go in to purchase a new phone.
    If anyone has any luck or experience getting the cop who is handling your case to be a little more proactive in pursuing the thief please let me know. I have read hundreds of comments stories and documentation online regarding the issues surrounding recovery and lack of willingness on both ATT and Apples part so no need to go there…..just if anyone has had similar situation which had better results, ya know what I mean.

I would think about ponying up $40 or $50 to do more reverse cell traces online if I thought doing so would get me closer to the thief.  However, since I provided the investigator with name address home phone and work phone of one of the call recipients and he still didnt get any results I am almost ready to throw in the towel and chalk it up as a complete loss.

[ Edited: 20 December 2008 10:36 AM by $Billyall ]      
  • Posted: 20 December 2008 04:29 PM #295

Did you do the remote wipe of the lost phone? If its a 3G, that should render it useless at least, since the thief wouldn’t be able to get an ATT contract for the unit.

Posted: 22 December 2008 08:17 AM #296

Willrob, as far as I know that feature was still only available to enterprise customers. My iphone was under my own personal account. If someone has made remote wipe available to all now please send me a link. From what I had read it was talked about but not yet ready.

Here is my info from both purchases

01 177100 71002xx
    16 GB Black
    Purchased 12/21/08 at an Atlanta ATT retail store

01 177200 38247xx
    16 GB black
    Purchased 3 days earlier 12/18/08 at same Atlanta ATT retail store

[ Edited: 22 December 2008 09:51 AM by $Billyall ]      

Posted: 23 December 2008 12:13 PM #297

Finally broke down and bought my first iPhone

01 177600 78906XX
    16GB White
    Purchased on 23/12/08, Vodafone store, Rome, IT.

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 26 December 2008 10:58 AM #298

Replaced my old original Iphone with a new 16GB Black

Serial # 88841

Imei 0111760004380xx

Purchased 12/26
    Detroit Mi, Partridge Creek Mall Store

Posted: 28 December 2008 10:41 PM #299

artman1033 - 29 December 2008 01:55 AM

display models: IMEI 01177600 serial 87849
                        IMEI 01177600 serial 86850

1 actual FOR SALE box IMEI 0117760 serial 88750

Thanks artman! Did you by any chance take the sequence numbers (6 digits after the 177600 TAC)?

• Posted: 25 March 2009 07:38 PM #300

New IMEI-

011-81000-7813xx
    88-9-04

I know tracking has pretty much died recently, especially since Apple has been jumbling TACs, yet why I am posting this is because of the significance of a new TAC 81. We have seen 15 TACs, thus Apple has produced 15m 3Gs so far, and closed out the 77 TAC which has 6 batches- 100-600.

Signature

Financial Alchemist