Cutting/Pasting in GarageBand 2

• Posted: 23 August 2008 09:18 AM

First off, sorry if this’ been covered.  I’m new to GB so, please forgive the newbie.  How can I cut/copy a particular section of a region or track.  In other words, just like in TextEdit where you can drag to select individual letters in a word or the letters of adjacent words, is there a way to drag-select sections of a track region and thus cut/copy?

Thank you

Signature

PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz/1GB RAM/OS/X (10.4.11)
    Windows—A fate in league with Communism.

• Posted: 13 October 2008 01:20 AM #1

Re: Cutting/Pasting in GarageBand 2

[quote author=“gulmatan”]First off, sorry if this’ been covered.  I’m new to GB so, please forgive the newbie.  How can I cut/copy a particular section of a region or track.  In other words, just like in TextEdit where you can drag to select individual letters in a word or the letters of adjacent words, is there a way to drag-select sections of a track region and thus cut/copy?

Thank you

I would just go to the start of the section you want to copy and select ‘split track’ from the edit menu.  Do the same for the end of your section.  Then click anywhere outside of your track then go back and highlight the section you want to copy.  It should be highlighted separately from the rest of the track.  Just copy this as usual using edit ‘copy.  Finally, paste it where you want it to go.