AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 29 September 2008 07:02 AM #31

Bounced off that $109 on this “breaking news”, have the turkeys hit the ground yet? Or did a bunch just land on the front porch?

Posted: 29 September 2008 07:04 AM #32

[quote author=“enature”]These are sentiment downgrades. The reasons they cite other than the economy,  are silly - like expenses for iPhone development slow earnings - this is crap.
    AAPL earnings are growing. The stock price will be above current levels of $110 when earnings are announced.
    I’m moving cash to my account to buy calls.

No. This is fallout from congress not acting fast enough. Fortis failed this weekend and was essentially nationalized. The Euro banks are panicked and because everybody is interlinked, our markets are getting dinged.

Moreover, central banks are doing nothing but printing money the world over attempting to get some liquidity into the credit market. Nobody has cared about inflation, but now the market is pricing inflation in and that is why we’re seeing downgrades.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:04 AM #33

[quote author=“enature”]These are sentiment downgrades. The reasons they cite other than the economy,  are silly - like expenses for iPhone development slow earnings - this is crap.
    AAPL earnings are growing. The stock price will be above current levels of $110 when earnings are announced.

EXCELLENT CALL

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:05 AM #34

The market it’s buzzin’.....new product launch tomorrow???
    info   That should be intersting….Mega ?ber Rollercoaster….

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:06 AM #35

[quote author=“Eric Landstrom”]

Moreover, central banks are doing nothing but printing money the world over attempting to get some liquidity into the credit market. Nobody cares about inflation, but the market is pricing inflation in and that is why we’re seeing downgrades.

You are right about central banks up till now….You can be sure they will co-ordinate beginning today

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:08 AM #36

am eyeballing the Nov AAPL calls if the stock gets any lower by the close today…. Earnings will be stellar but guidance is the big ?

Posted: 29 September 2008 07:09 AM #37

[quote author=“irieblue”] AAPL’s short interest has increased almost 25% since August, and is now just shy of 3 days to cover the short interest (I can’t recall when last I’ve seen this much short interest in AAPL).  http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3062-nasdaqshort-highlites.html

3 days until the short selling ban on financials is set to expire as well. Any correlation?

I fear that if the Congress lets us languish until Wed on a final vote, the market will continue to whither until then. Which would be fine if you are in alot of cash right now. Or heavily short stocks that are not banned.  :wink:

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:09 AM #38

[quote author=“Eric Landstrom”][quote author=“enature”]These are sentiment downgrades. The reasons they cite other than the economy,  are silly - like expenses for iPhone development slow earnings - this is crap.

No. This is fallout from congress not acting fast enough. Fortis failed this weekend and was essentially nationalized. The Euro banks are panicked and because everybody is interlinked, our markets are getting dinged.

Moreover, central banks are doing nothing but printing money the world over attempting to get some liquidity into the credit market. Nobody has cared about inflation, but now the market is pricing inflation in and that is why we’re seeing downgrades.

I agree.  While I know I shouldn’t be hoping/relying on a government’s bailout, at the same time it was extremely frustrating to see inaction for the whole week last week.  I mean, they came out and announced the plan last LAST Friday and we saw a huge jump, indicating a positive reaction from the market.  The longer they delayed this, the less positively it’ll be received.  Just look at what the market is doing now, I can’t express enough frustration at the bureaucracy and inefficiency of them coming together at a timely manner when they knew what the right thing to do was.

Posted: 29 September 2008 07:11 AM #39

[quote author=“SNIPUS”][quote author=“Eric Landstrom”]

Moreover, central banks are doing nothing but printing money the world over attempting to get some liquidity into the credit market. Nobody cares about inflation, but the market is pricing inflation in and that is why we’re seeing downgrades.

You are right about central banks up till now….You can be sure they will co-ordinate beginning today

Didn’t you just catch Steve on CNBC? HE says the presses will run without end. Central banks don’t care about inflation. Moreover, central banks are backstopping the lack of liquidity in credit markets with the only tool they have: by printing money and giving it to frozen credit markets in an attempt to free them up—which by doing so is diluting the value of their currency and thereby increasing inflation.

CNBC has a risk map up of which markets are trying to crash.

VIX is at 39.59.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:19 AM #40

108….OMG….... :bugeyed:  :cry:

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:20 AM #41

[quote author=“MacB”]108….OMG….... :bugeyed:  :cry:

24 Million shares in less than an hour. :(

Posted: 29 September 2008 07:21 AM #42

I’m sorry guys, but I don’t have the stomach for this. I bailed on my recently re-initiated $125 basis long position…selling at $115.58. Not sure when I’ll be getting back in…this is freaking scary!!! :bugeyed:

edit: I’ll be joining Tommo under the duvet…my own of course. :wink:

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:23 AM #43

I think it is NOW the time for the Apple management to come out and reassure WS that the Q numbers they gave as guidance will be handily met.

Of course, only if it’s true!

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:24 AM #44

108 holding?........seems like some resistance 107-108

• Posted: 29 September 2008 07:25 AM #45

They can’t beat Apple using technology. So they are shorting the stock.

This is INDUSTRIAL TERRORISM.

Signature