Shrek or Pearl Harbor?

• Posted: 21 July 2001 12:21 PM

Any recommendations on whether or not to see Shrek or Pearl Harbor?  Need to see a movie.  Your feedback on these movies is appreciated. 

Signature

This is my non-working persona, so don’t hold it against me.  grin

This post was brought to you by Mac OS X.

• Posted: 16 June 2001 08:56 PM #1

I don’t know about either of those movies but, whatever you do, don’t ever ever ever ever even start to think about seeing… Driven.
    Worst piece of crap ever. Bar none.

Signature

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

What’s the difference between a Mac and a PC? Macs are designed, PCs are assembled.

Posted: 16 June 2001 09:05 PM #2

Ha!  Good advice, though I am judging that from the commercials.

How about The Fast and the Furious?  That looks like another winner. 

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 17 June 2001 02:23 PM #3

...if you want a REALLY good movie get “Any Given Sunday”.  Great flick! Not…

• Posted: 18 June 2001 11:19 AM #4

I liked Shrek.  I thought it was a good movie though Monster Inc. from Pixar will be better.

Signature

Windows sucks.

• Posted: 18 June 2001 03:14 PM #5

Shrek was SWEET.  I’m 24 and I enjoyed it thoroughly.  Its full of gags and stuff that adults can enjoy.  And if you’ve ever seen the Matrix you will appreciate it.  I’ve only heard bad things about Pearl Harbor, such as the love story was pointless, although the attack visual effects were cool.  But overall I think Shrek is the better movie.

Signature

Signatures are for geeks…. I’m a geek.

• Posted: 19 June 2001 05:55 AM #6

Shrek: see Cinderella belt Snow White. My only complain is that Mike Myers voice really doesn’t belong in a huge ogre. Otherwise, it’s top notch!

Also go see Evolution! You won’t stop laughing.

Signature

“Instead of leaving, they’re staying in droves.”
    -Heddey Lamar.

“That’s HEADLEY”

Posted: 19 June 2001 06:05 AM #7

Evolution is actually funny Joe?  It seems childish from the commercials, but I am not married to the idea.

Why did you like it?  What was funny?

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 20 June 2001 05:36 AM #8

Actually, I suspect many people will find Evolution just plain stupid.

It’s a goofy movie.. can’t say much more about it. Loose plot, campy acting by Duchovney and Orlando, some scatalogical humor (but not as much as Austin Powers II). Not to be taken seriously. It’s really just one gag after another, loosely tied to an X-Files/Men in Black theme.

In fact, the whole thing is what X-Files would have been if it were a sit-com.

Signature

“Instead of leaving, they’re staying in droves.”
    -Heddey Lamar.

“That’s HEADLEY”

• Posted: 21 June 2001 05:38 AM #9

Having served in the US Navy for 9+ years (a few years ago ), I also have had an interest in the history of the Navy and warfare.

My son (five years in the Army) and I saw Pearl Harbor two weeks ago. We both thought it was a well done movie, and we enjoyed it. For me, it was kind of an emotionally draining movie - but still worthwhile. Keep in mind that you can’t compare it to a movie like “Tora! Tora! Tora!” They have different purposes, but they complement one another well.

I haven’t seen Shrek, yet. But my son and his family did. They really enjoyed it.

Best idea! See both of them!

Signature

patience - now that’s a virtue I can’t wait for!

• Posted: 25 June 2001 10:46 PM #10

Someone let me know when they come out with Perl Harbor. 

• Posted: 26 June 2001 06:09 AM #11

OMG, Unix that right now or I’ll Tcl you.

Signature

Signatures are for geeks…. I’m a geek.

• Posted: 26 June 2001 01:05 PM #12

I’m gonna see both. I think it’s one end of the scale compared to the other. Humorous and even stupid vs. serious and historical. Two very different movies for two very different moods. Last night I watched the South Park movie on DVD while the other night I wanted something serious. Depends.

Signature

Scott
    Pittsburgh, PA
    God bless our troops in Iraq and everywhere.

GO STEELERS. GO PIRATES. and GO PENGUINS (ummm, well ...)

• Posted: 26 June 2001 10:58 PM #13

Shrek. Pearl Harbor was way too long, and weaved in an unnecessary love story.

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

• Posted: 27 June 2001 08:38 AM #14

TOMB RAIDER, baby.

Munger

• Posted: 30 June 2001 06:31 PM #15

Pearl Harbor is a must see for anyone who has never experienced their country at war.  It was a picture show about real events.  Those events really happened, folks.  They can happen again.  Tis very sobering and was very real.  (I’m on my soap box again.  Damn)!