AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 10 December 2008 11:00 AM #31

Andy Zaky. I know you read / post here.. would you please consider putting something up on Apple Insider to point out what an idiot Ms. Huberty @ Morgan Stanley is?
    You actually get covered by briefing.com now that you are on AppleInsider.

Could you do a new article detailing how bad an analyst she actually is, updated version of this one perhaps and see if you can get it on Apple Insider?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/96803-worst-analyst-on-apple-lowers-price-target

Here is Huberty’s nasty call today:

http://notablecalls.blogspot.com/2008/12/apple-nasdaqaapl-morgan-stanley.html

Thanks,
    David

• Posted: 10 December 2008 11:24 AM #32

Let’s hope the market stays green today, otherwise we are likely to fall hard on a market wide pullback.

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 10 December 2008 11:27 AM #33

i’m expecting classic buy the rumor sell the news on the auto bailout.

whats the score on oe for aapl? max pain etc?

• Posted: 10 December 2008 11:28 AM #34

mike_b - 10 December 2008 03:27 PM

whats the score on oe for aapl? max pain etc?

95 according to Mace. Which just happens to coincide with the downgrade target. Coincidence?

Signature

Posted: 10 December 2008 11:33 AM #35

OT: The irony of a Comcast commercial telling the audience that if you don’t have HD on your spiffy new HDTV, then you don’t have HD. Except Comcast doesn’t offer CNBC in HD. Knuckleheads.

Oil prices are dropping like a rock. We’ll never drive again.

[ Edited: 10 December 2008 11:36 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 10 December 2008 11:39 AM #36

mike_b - 10 December 2008 03:27 PM

So am I.  rolleyes

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 10 December 2008 11:43 AM #37

God is now punishing MS stock price. The financials were up 2% when the market opened. Now thay are red. Which they deserve.

• Posted: 10 December 2008 11:56 AM #38

The battle for 97 wages…

Signature

Posted: 10 December 2008 11:59 AM #39

After reading the Wall St Journal‘s article on the Detroit bailout, it seems we could see a House vote today.  The White House may apply pressure on Senate Republicans to pass the bailout, but it seems the Senate may deliberate into next week.

Since the details of the bailout are now known, I’m not sure how much upside remains whilst we’re waiting for the actual votes.  I presume there will be some positive market reaction once it seems the Senate is willing to pass the bailout.  Once the bailout is actually approved, the market will likely sell.

I hope the decline won’t be too severe, and I still expect this holiday season to be better than many expect.  I don’t expect things to get truly bad until Jan-Feb.

Edited: mmm, another chance to buy AAPL round 97.  But based on the scenario above (far more important than Morgan Stanley’s new price target), I can’t bring myself to do it.  Well, perhaps my restraint will send it back to 100.  :winksanta:

[ Edited: 10 December 2008 12:03 PM by Winterpool ]

Signature

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! for the world… hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain

Posted: 10 December 2008 12:10 PM #40

Winterpool - 10 December 2008 03:59 PM

After reading the Wall St Journal‘s [url=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228869530 Well, perhaps my restraint will send it back to 100.  :winksanta:

Not sure that will happen today. Will probably see another run at $99 though.  Begin stuck in the $97s has me nervous about a major breakdown though.

edit: especially with the relatively low volume.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 10 December 2008 12:20 PM #41

VIX setting new lows…and Ern recommending his followers in the wilderness to be in cash. I’m optimistic. :wink:

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

• Posted: 10 December 2008 12:25 PM #42

Now the battle is for 98. We really need to get past 98.64 if we want to see 100 again. And more volume will be needed to do that

Posted: 10 December 2008 12:38 PM #43

willrob - 10 December 2008 04:25 PM

Now the battle is for 98. We really need to get past 98.64 if we want to see 100 again. And more volume will be needed to do that

MS wants us at $95.

Edit: just broke under $97. :-(

Edit: VIX just broke under down from 56 to 54.x.  Maybe we’ll see AAPL pop. :-o

[ Edited: 10 December 2008 12:49 PM by Play Ultimate ]

Signature

Posted: 10 December 2008 12:54 PM #44

$98 is again proving to be strong resistance.  As willrob stated, we need to get past $98.64.

edit: I guess turnabout is fair play since the roles were reversed yesterday, but it is still annoying to see the DOW up 2% and AAPL down 2.5%

[ Edited: 10 December 2008 01:15 PM by Play Ultimate ]

Signature

Posted: 10 December 2008 02:18 PM #45

Jim Goldman coming out against Morgan Stanley…

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28159562/

Money quote: “So here we go again. Just when reality finally began to emerge from its shell on Wall Street, and Apple Inc. creeped above $100 a share, the company gets punk’d by Morgan Stanley.”

Oh, and Andy gets a notable mention.  :wink:

[ Edited: 10 December 2008 02:21 PM by ConMan ]

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes