OT: how do I turn off subscriptions?

Posted: 29 December 2008 03:17 PM

I just looked at my spambox and it is filled with one million emails from this forum telling me that somebody posted to a thread. I unsubscribed from all current threads but the default appears to be to automatically subscribe me to all new posts and threads. That is wrong. Anyway, how do I turn off automatic subscriptions?

Edit: never mind, I purchased a clue and puzzled it out.

[ Edited: 29 December 2008 04:20 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 29 December 2008 06:30 PM #1

When you’re logged in, there’s a link at the upper right to unsubscribe. You can also uncheck the “Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread” option when you post. There is supposedly a way to set your default to disable thread subscriptions, but I’m not sure how you do that.

Posted: 29 December 2008 08:02 PM #2

For anyone else with this nuisance;

Your Control Panel/Personal Settings/Email Settings/ (uncheck)  Enable email notifications by default when you post messages

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

Posted: 29 December 2008 09:20 PM #3

Thanks MacGlenn. I needed that.

:apple:

• Posted: 29 December 2008 11:21 PM #4

Visit “Your Control Panel.”

Migrate to “Email Settings.”

Check or uncheck desired actions.