Apple web share

Posted: 01 January 2009 08:27 AM #1

Attached to the post are some graphs from the past four years, to show actual and projected growth, yearly seasonality, and weekly frequency.

Note that the entire Mac OSX web experience now stands at 10.15%, whereas the entire Windows franchise declined to a recent low of 88.68%.

What is even more interesting is that MacIntel share grew from 6.51% to 7.19%, a difference of 0.68%.
    Windows Vista instead grew from 20.45% to 21.12%, a difference of 0.67%. Taking this statistic at face value implies that in December more MacIntels were sold than Windows Vista machines. I am not counting on it, but this stuff looks good.

[ Edited: 01 January 2009 10:32 AM by awcabot ]

Image Attachments

image002.gifimage001.gifimage001.gif

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Signature

Tightwad.

• Posted: 01 January 2009 06:47 PM #2

Philip does a nice job of covering the increase in Apple-product Web market share in December. The December share and the reported spikes in app sales in late-December portend good news for iPod touch sales in the December quarter. I’m very interest in reported iPod touch sales for the December quarter.

Posted: 01 January 2009 07:48 PM #3

DawnTreader - 01 January 2009 10:47 PM

... I’m very interest in reported iPod touch sales for the December quarter.

Me too.  Apple doesn’t disclose it.  Closest indirect indicator is ASP of iPod.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 02 January 2009 11:34 AM #4

Note that also Windows 7 has raised it’s impudent little profile. Vista showed up with 0.06% in September 2006, and was available to the general buying public in January 2007. It will be interesting to see if Win7 follows the same growth pattern.

Signature

Tightwad.