Apple lied and no one cares…

Posted: 15 January 2009 06:14 PM #31

I’m trying not to assume too much at this point, but I will say that the timing of the two announcements—one barely before Macworld, and the leave of absence immediately after—are way too coincidental.

Posted: 15 January 2009 06:36 PM #32

The lot of you crying about the stock price dropping due to S.Jobs health and the secrecy therein need to get a life.  Where were you when the stocks were at 6 - 10 bucks. I and many other folks were there making trades at that price.  None of you cry babies would touch it.  I am sure you were all on the bandwagon criers saying that Apple will die a death and why isn’t MS trading at 500?

I agree that investing is the market is a risk.  Hello, a risk.  Get over it.  What is more important is his health.  If I lost all of my stock and he lives to 100 I would be glad.  The selling/purchase price is soo much less important than his life and his health and his family’s well being. 

Freakin’ losers.

• Posted: 15 January 2009 06:42 PM #33

litespeed - 15 January 2009 03:26 AM

really….. nobody’s pissed off at apple besides me? Investors must be really used to losing money…

I lost over $3 million during 2008, and none of it was due to Apple management.  All of it was due to financials, and I never invested in them.

If you’re worried about liars go bark at them.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 15 January 2009 06:46 PM #34

Can we get rid of this inappropiate silly topic???

thx

• Posted: 15 January 2009 07:11 PM #35

Just to comment on the title of this thread: Neither Apple nor Steve Jobs lied to us. They told us the truth as they understood it at the time. The hormone imbalance may be exactly the cause of current weight loss symptoms. Other complications that may have risen since that earlier communication are none of our business as long as Jobs is not acting as CEO or managing the company while undergoing treatment. Since he won’t be in charge, the health is his own business; we can’t complain that he’s taking care of himself, and hopes to return to his duties full time in June. The Market seems to agree, having already priced in his health issues weeks ago.

• Posted: 15 January 2009 07:23 PM #36

MacB - 15 January 2009 10:46 PM

Can we get rid of this inappropiate silly topic???

thx

Ditto that.

Posted: 15 January 2009 07:45 PM #37

DT, maybe we should lock this topic.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 15 January 2009 07:50 PM #38

Just before you lock the topic, may I say that insulin is a hormone. Removal of a pancreas will make an instant diabetic due to lack of insulin being produced. Perhaps describing an underperforming pancreas as a “hormone imbalance” is merely the best way to present it rather than “my pancreas is screwed”.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

• Posted: 16 January 2009 01:37 AM #39

Mav - 15 January 2009 11:45 PM

DT, maybe we should lock this topic.

Yes and done.