AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 15 January 2009 11:24 AM #16

Between BAC and AAPL, thankfully there are no open windows around here.  rolleyes

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 15 January 2009 11:32 AM #17

Eric Landstrom - 15 January 2009 02:57 PM
    Winterpool - 15 January 2009 01:53 PM

Wow, what’s happening?  Who’s buying?

We might soon be at the price I was anticipating for the end of the week anyway.

Edited: I just hope no one is buying expecting Jobs to return in June.  That just brings us back to where we were (ie uncertainty about leadership).

People like myself who covered at the bell, flipped long for a trade.

Do you plan on selling those shares sometime today (if you haven’t already)? Assuming that, though AAPL is holding up relatively well, we’ll see a big selloff at the end of the day.

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 15 January 2009 12:19 PM #18

Perhaps the market is too busy crushing the banks to worry about AAPL today.

It’s still early, of course, but it’s certainly encouraging to see AAPL hold above $80 (often 81) despite yesterday’s news.

Signature

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! for the world… hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain

Posted: 15 January 2009 12:32 PM #19

incorrigible - 15 January 2009 03:24 PM

Between BAC and AAPL, thankfully there are no open windows around here.  rolleyes

BAC was shortable this morning as it was roughly following the inverse of AAPL with an exit of between $8.00 and $7.50 since that is what people kind of figure BAC is worth without a dividend.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 15 January 2009 12:38 PM #20

Apple: The Street debates what to do

A roundup of various analysts and their reactions to yesterday’s news… almost all the analysts cited maintained overweight / outperform ratings and often strongly recommended buying.

Signature

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! for the world… hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain

Posted: 15 January 2009 01:22 PM #21

Jobs said yesterday he?s taking a five-month leave of absence after discovering that his health problems are ?more complex? than he thought last week,” Guglielmo, Garner and Gale report. “Jobs had a procedure similar to a Whipple operation, which involves removing parts of the pancreas, bile duct and small intestine, after he was diagnosed with a rare type of pancreatic cancer in 2004. A potential side effect of this procedure is that the organ has to be removed to prevent pancreatic leak, and the patient has to be kept alive with insulin to regulate blood sugar, said Robert Thomas, head of surgery at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne.”

In other words, Jobs may very well be back.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 15 January 2009 01:24 PM #22

Will AAPL be able to hold 80 in case the S&P slides below 820 and the Dow below 8000??

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 15 January 2009 01:27 PM #23

Plato - 15 January 2009 05:24 PM

Will AAPL be able to hold 80 in case the S&P slides below 820 and the Dow below 8000??

Plato, I was literally just getting ready to type those EXACT words. I’m concerned about where everything goes if we lose 820 and 8000.

Signature

-John Maynard Keynes

• Posted: 15 January 2009 01:31 PM #24

CNBC is reporting SJ’s condition and the way he handled the whole situation to death. As if there is nothing else out there to report.

In the meantime S&P slipped shortly below 820.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 15 January 2009 01:39 PM #25

Dow below 8000 now.

edit: and AAPL stays in it’s 81.00-81.50 trading range. Go figure.

edit 2: AAPL breaks out of it’s trading range…to the upside.

[ Edited: 15 January 2009 01:49 PM by ConMan ]

Signature

-John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 15 January 2009 02:38 PM #26

Have no idea what to do here. Might sell some if we get into the 83’s. Still hanging onto about 10% of my normal position.

Posted: 15 January 2009 02:55 PM #27

I must ask: was today the bottom?  Ha!

We’re over 83?  How is this happening.  I couldn’t convince myself to buy at 80, sheesh.

Signature

• Posted: 15 January 2009 03:03 PM #28

Way overbought on the 5 minute chart - time to short!

Signature

Posted: 15 January 2009 03:10 PM #29

Winterpool - 15 January 2009 06:55 PM

I couldn’t convince myself to buy at 80, sheesh.

Me neither. Just stayed away so I wouldn’t be tempted.

The market seems to be saying, “Steve who?”  :wink:  rolleyes

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 15 January 2009 03:11 PM #30

Plato - 15 January 2009 07:03 PM

Way overbought on the 5 minute chart - time to short!

Nice timing.  grin

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale