Apple Releases 2.2.1 iPhone Software Update

• Posted: 28 January 2009 06:58 AM

Apple has just released an iPhone 2.2.1 software update today. The update is rather minor, fixing only two known issues.

The update contains these bug fixes and improvements:

Improved general stability for Safari
    Fixed issue where some images saved from Mail do not display correctly in the Camera Roll
    The update doesn?t appear to contain any other fixes but you might want to plug your iPhone in and get started because the update is 246MB. It seems to be quite large for a simple stability update.

The update is available for both the iPhone 3G and the first generation iPhone.

As always, jailbroken iPhone users, heed the warnings before attempting to update.

[ Edited: 28 January 2009 10:48 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 28 January 2009 09:52 AM #1

All the iphone updates are a complete image so they all are about the same size.  Apple does not use patches fro the Iphone.

• Posted: 28 January 2009 10:06 AM #2

iPod Touch update is also available.

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2009 11:40 AM #3

Updated mine last night. No issues so far.

• Posted: 28 January 2009 12:09 PM #4

I’m hopeful this update (which goes with an update to the developer toolkit) will be the one that enables the notification service - the feature that was supposed to arrive a few months ago.

Posted: 28 January 2009 02:09 PM #5

sleepytoo - 28 January 2009 04:09 PM

I’m hopeful this update (which goes with an update to the developer toolkit) will be the one that enables the notification service - the feature that was supposed to arrive a few months ago.

If I was a guessing man.  I think notification service will never see the light of day.  Apple will enable multi tasking with the release of Snow Leopard and the next generation Iphone/Touch processor.  But what will they do with backward compatibility?  There is no mention of notification service in the SDK release notes.