AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 30 January 2009 03:33 PM #106

kiwitrader - 30 January 2009 06:47 PM
    ConMan - 30 January 2009 06:34 PM
    kiwitrader - 30 January 2009 06:32 PM

2 cents too greedy on my second-leg bid for jpm. But holy smokes, what a wipeout!!!

Wow. Congrats Kiwi. Good call.

I credit Eric for inciting me to look for the opportunity. JPM seemed to be setting up for a short squeeze, flying a little higher than the other suspects.

Beats trying to get a point out of AAPL and then only if you can time things with perfection.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 30 January 2009 03:42 PM #107

Waiting for the bottom to come in.

So I can rejoice that my ship has arrived!

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 30 January 2009 04:21 PM #108

Nobody wants to own stock over the weekend.

Waiting for my failboat to come in so I can flip long. Again.

[ Edited: 30 January 2009 04:31 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Posted: 30 January 2009 04:25 PM #109

There goes DOW 8000.

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 30 January 2009 04:31 PM #110

AAPL new LOD; breaking down fast.

edit: will $90 hold?

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 30 January 2009 04:38 PM #111

I cannot give an exact reading on this, but as far as the DOW goes, we had a low last Wed. & Friday of more than 60 days, then bounced and climbed to this week’s high of 8400. Looks like 7940? So, I would call that support to look out for. Same days for S&P, and that support was 804.

All the traders I hear interviewed and our MIA man Art say S&P 800 is the trap door.

Edit: I suppose we could look to this as a retest opportunity of a near term bottom on the indices? Making a near term trading double bottom if the above numbers hold?

Edit: wish I hadn’t freaked and covered my JPM short during that meltdown earlier.

[ Edited: 30 January 2009 04:45 PM by kiwitrader ]      

Posted: 30 January 2009 04:50 PM #112

Eric, I don’t know how to make your song links. But if I did, I’d post Blue Oyster Cult, “Don’t Fear the Reaper.” (shows her age)

Posted: 30 January 2009 04:58 PM #113

Kiwi, I give you the power to link to anything on iTunes.

A parting song for all the bulls and bears who never sell, even when it makes sense.

[ Edited: 30 January 2009 05:00 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Posted: 30 January 2009 05:01 PM #114

“They” got the DOW back over 8000 before the close.

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 30 January 2009 05:10 PM #115

artman1033 - 29 January 2009 03:39 PM
    wheeles - 29 January 2009 03:36 PM
    MacB - 29 January 2009 02:44 PM

gee this is bloody scary…. holding/selling??? AAAARGGGHHHHHHH.

what about you guys and Kiwi?

The way this is shaping up, I would not be surprised if we see 90 again.

DON’T SAY THAT!!!

Now go wash your mouth out with soap!

And SAY YOU’RE SORRY!

Don’t you mean “beak”?

Only 1 cent off with that prediction (no help from AMZN and a “not quite as crap as expected” GDP figure).

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 30 January 2009 05:17 PM #116

chiforce - 30 January 2009 04:09 PM

IMHO, those shorting AAPL are suckers soon to be buried.

Not today, I guess. The longs were the only ones getting buried today.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 30 January 2009 05:19 PM #117

Thanks for the link Eric. There’s not a good clip of my song choice, but everyone gets the idea.

Jeez, 90.01 LOD! Only 21 points or so off of my estimated low on the DOW. I think Monday will be fun, to say the least. I only fear I’m never going to get to the healthclub again. rolleyes  :wink:

Posted: 30 January 2009 05:47 PM #118

The 50d SMA today was at $90.00 (as of ToS), and the volume is still quite low. There still is a fighting chance for Monday.

(I hope).

Signature

Tightwad.