AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 04 February 2009 06:25 PM

CSCO working it’s magic AH. So far, hitting a low of 14.90-ish. Their 52 week low was set in the November carnage with almost everyone else - 14.20. Seems they could easily take that out tomorrow? This will set up aapl for another entry opportunity. AAPL traded down to the 88’s in pre-market earlier this week. I’ll be looking for that area to come around again soon, per all the talk of a couple down days straight ahead. Thanks Mr. Chambers!  :wink:

[ Edited: 08 February 2009 07:04 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 04 February 2009 07:00 PM #1

Kiwi,

Jeff Mackey, who is usually ho hum about AAPL, just recommended buying it tomorrow on this weakness, as he sees it short term going to $100.  He is a trader if you are not familiar with him, is usually correct in his predictions, and makes excellent short term calls. 

He and others also pointed to CSCO as being a unique case and it is back above its closing price now in AH anyway.

The catalyst, unfortunately, for short term rally needs to be govt hints at bank solutions, etc, so you are really betting on the govt in the short term by going long.

CF

Posted: 04 February 2009 07:07 PM #2

chiforce - 04 February 2009 11:00 PM

Kiwi,

Jeff Mackey, who is usually ho hum about AAPL, just recommended buying it tomorrow on this weakness, as he sees it short term going to $100.  He is a trader if you are not familiar with him, is usually correct in his predictions, and makes excellent short term calls. 

He and others also pointed to CSCO as being a unique case and it is back above its closing price now in AH anyway.

The catalyst, unfortunately, for short term rally needs to be govt hints at bank solutions, etc, so you are really betting on the govt in the short term by going long.

CF

http://www.minyanville.com/articles/index/a/20967

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 04 February 2009 07:11 PM #3

Eric,

We all know you are short.  Good luck,
    CF

Posted: 04 February 2009 08:40 PM #4

chiforce - 04 February 2009 11:11 PM

Eric,

CF

I sold the rest of my AAPL long position today and so I’m neither short or long. Notwithstanding, I posted a link to Mackey’s expanded remarks about AAPL going to $100. Mackey discusses AAPL at the bottom of his remarks on the page I linked to and I thought you would enjoy the remarks since they supported what you had posted about Jeff’s remarks on Fast Money.

FWIW, I flip my positions often and generally call things as I see them at that moment. A such I may have an AAPL position by the close of the session tomorrow.

I wish you all the luck in the world as well,

Eric

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 04 February 2009 09:53 PM #5

It’s still early, but Nasdaq futures are down nearly 2%. :oh:

• Posted: 04 February 2009 10:07 PM #6

Eric Landstrom - 05 February 2009 12:40 AM

Eric,

CF

I sold the rest of my AAPL long position today and so I’m neither short or long. Notwithstanding, I posted a link to Mackey’s expanded remarks about AAPL going to $100. Mackey discusses AAPL at the bottom of his remarks on the page I linked to and I thought you would enjoy the remarks since they supported what you had posted about Jeff’s remarks on Fast Money.

FWIW, I flip my positions often and generally call things as I see them at that moment. A such I may have an AAPL position by the close of the session tomorrow.

Eric

Eric - you call it right most of the time. Not everyone can say that. It’s refreshing. Glad to have you on this board!

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 04 February 2009 10:15 PM #7

kiwitrader - 05 February 2009 01:53 AM

It’s still early, but Nasdaq futures are down nearly 2%. :oh:

.DJI futures are down 30 points as well.

Should be a hoot-n-holler kind of a day!

Signature

Posted: 04 February 2009 11:47 PM #8

From where I come from we call this blackmail.

“Mr. Bernanke said Bank of America had no justification for ditching Merrill, according to people who heard the remarks. A Federal Reserve official warned that if Mr. Lewis did so and needed more government money down the road, Bank of America could expect regulators to think hard about their confidence in management. Mr. Lewis was told that the government would consider ousting executives and directors, people close to the bank say.”

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123379687205650255.html?mod=MKTW

Signature

Posted: 05 February 2009 12:09 AM #9

I usen’t to pay much attention to Fast Money, but that was before I dipped my toes into trading.  Macke did make the right call (buy) on the 14th when our worst fears seemingly came true.  Was that really only three weeks ago?

Reading the Minyanville column today, I was much more affected by Macke’s love for his dog than his thoughts on AAPL or any other matter financial.  I was surprised by how much the piece humanised Jeff Macke for me.  I do tend to get a bit sentimental…

Signature

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! for the world… hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain

• Posted: 05 February 2009 01:04 AM #10

Plato - 05 February 2009 02:07 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 05 February 2009 12:40 AM

Eric,

CF

Eric

Eric - you call it right most of the time. Not everyone can say that. It’s refreshing. Glad to have you on this board!

I second that.  If only I paid closer attention this past July - August.  Today was a good day…I sold half my long position and reacquired it for $2 PPS less.  Might have been more patient to reacquire, but I had no clue about what Cisco would report.  Seems the stars are aligning to give another entry point for AAPL tomorrow?  Friday?

• Posted: 05 February 2009 01:06 AM #11

Winterpool - 05 February 2009 04:09 AM

I usen’t to pay much attention to Fast Money, but that was before I dipped my toes into trading.  Macke did make the right call (buy) on the 14th when our worst fears seemingly came true.  Was that really only three weeks ago?

Reading the Minyanville column today, I was much more affected by Macke’s love for his dog than his thoughts on AAPL or any other matter financial.  I was surprised by how much the piece humanised Jeff Macke for me.  I do tend to get a bit sentimental…

I agree that Macke is lukewarm re: AAPL, so when he says buy, I’m listening.  He probably drives a 10 year old Dell computer…

• Posted: 05 February 2009 02:25 AM #12

AAPL will have a harder time going up on Thursday

R4         103.75
      midpoint   102.18
    R3       100.60
      midpoint   99.03
    R2       97.45
      midpoint   96.48
    R1       95.50
      midpoint   94.90
    PP       94.30
      midpoint   93.33
    S1       92.35
      midpoint   91.75
    S2       91.15
      midpoint   89.58
    S3       88.00
      midpoint   86.43
    S4       84.85

• Posted: 05 February 2009 09:37 AM #13

A new day..new chances at this wheel of fortune!! What’s it gonna be?  Left or right..up or down?...let’s keep the wheel turning! LOL

• Posted: 05 February 2009 10:04 AM #14

MacB - 05 February 2009 01:37 PM

A new day..new chances at this wheel of fortune!! What’s it gonna be?  Left or right..up or down?...let’s keep the wheel turning! LOL

Jobless claims climbed to 620,000 - nothing surprising there.

Let’s see if AAPL can stay above 92 - according to the EW team that seems to be important for support.

On an OT note - let’s watch BAC if the big boys can push it below $4 - so that C doesn’t feel so lonely anymore.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 05 February 2009 10:09 AM #15

Rant of the day: Wall Street Journal’s Revised Subscription Rates.

Today I needed to renew my subscription to the Wall Street Journal.

$418.00 bucks for both the print and online subscriptions.

plus, plus mind you another $49.00 for Barron’s online to a total of $467.00!

Huh?

The WSJ suddenly costs $200 more a year.

Moreover, after being tossed around between the print and online people who are completely separate divisions, I figured out how the WSJ could do some cost savings right there on the telephone rather than fleecing their existing customers.

All to say I renewed my subscription under duress and because of the cost I now feel like the biggest fool in the room and I’ve vowed to talk smack about the WSJ’s subscription rate at every opportunity.

Signature