AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 09 February 2009 12:34 PM #46

runedge - 09 February 2009 04:22 PM
    kiwitrader - 09 February 2009 04:18 PM

FWIW: GS acting very strange for the last hour. On an intraday 1-min chart of GS’s been an inverse of the indices since they started to break out. Trying to figure out what the deal is with that. Might be a tell, might be my overactive imagination.

Both GS and MS have talked about paying back the tarp money - that would certainly pressure the common.

I was thinking of that as a positive. But anyhoo, now that the indices are weakening again (S&P testing 870) GS broke out of the resistance it was showing during the last hour. Maybe a little game of “control the BKX, therefore control the indices?” Not too hot not too cold?

Now all of a sudden (since S&P lost 870) GS is back in line with the indices and the BKX…

Posted: 09 February 2009 12:34 PM #47

Agreed, Runedge…Everyone is trading on technicals.  There also are many wounded day-trading shorts over the past week…

Posted: 09 February 2009 12:43 PM #48

Elliott Wave based perspective on the market. I have not committed myself to this view, but it is certainly interesting.

http://allallan.blogspot.com/

Posted: 09 February 2009 01:03 PM #49

Maybe General Motors can retool to produce these.  I sure Eric would buy a few.

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

Posted: 09 February 2009 01:06 PM #50

I guess I feel contrarian at the moment…So many are cautioning shorting the mkt, I went in short on AAPL at 102.67 for a try at a quick trade.  Quick long trades feel too risky to me, the contrarian perhaps…plus I own LT shares anyway.

Posted: 09 February 2009 01:14 PM #51

chiforce - 09 February 2009 04:27 PM

Cramar, You are earning every penny, having the guts to hold through this scene!

Not guts!  Just following two trend-following trading system I’ve developed and testing that generate buy and sell signals. No sell signals so why sell?  That’s why I’m developing them. One takes human emotion & judgement totally out of the equation.

Signature

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”    - Jesse Livermore

Posted: 09 February 2009 01:14 PM #52

lsmith - 09 February 2009 04:43 PM

Elliott Wave based perspective on the market. I have not committed myself to this view, but it is certainly interesting.

http://allallan.blogspot.com/

Well that sure is terrifying to read. Makes me want to pull out everything now and run and hide…  but I won’t of course.

Posted: 09 February 2009 01:23 PM #53

Cramar,

I still say you have guts because, no matter what your models tell you, the mkt is trading on emotion, expectation, and other factors.  What will your trailing stop be around 103.60-104?

Posted: 09 February 2009 01:37 PM #54

macglenn - 09 February 2009 05:03 PM

Maybe General Motors can retool to produce these.  I sure Eric would buy a few.

That looks like a riot! Does it float? I could steampunk my neighbors on the lake if I motored up on a floating tractor.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 09 February 2009 02:14 PM #55

The bears are brutal on CNBC’s “5 Signs of the Bear” segment.

[ Edited: 09 February 2009 02:22 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 09 February 2009 02:16 PM #56

Eric Landstrom - 09 February 2009 06:14 PM

Nouriel Roubini has become a rock star who scares the crap out of me.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 09 February 2009 02:27 PM #57

runedge - 09 February 2009 06:16 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 09 February 2009 06:14 PM

Nouriel Roubini has become a rock star who scares the crap out of me.

He totally held nothingback. Basically said that the treasury secritary and congress are idiots that will fail (‘course, he is also talking his book).

I’m doing the 95/5 trade building up a riskless core in BAC because I think there is upside but I wanna reach for it using OPM.

Edit: link to the CNBC segment runedge and I are talking about: http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1027496846&play=1

Mayor Quimby who is moving to bonds shared the following scary chats with me.

and another link:

[ Edited: 09 February 2009 02:55 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

• Posted: 09 February 2009 03:11 PM #58

Eric

Not sure what bothers you about that chart. Most indications on that chart show that we are near the bottom of job losses.

As for steepness of decline, we know we are in a worse situation than previous recessions, thats priced into all markets right now. IMHO, we are weeding out many disfunctional american businesses - dying auto industry, coercive unions, poorly managed banks, etc. Citizens are learning to look at what their 401Ks and stock market indexes contain, etc. (Why did anyone own an index with F, Gm, BAC, etc in it??)

This will be good in the long run.

Posted: 09 February 2009 03:31 PM #59

superbaka - 09 February 2009 07:11 PM

Eric

Not sure what bothers you about that chart. Most indications on that chart show that we are near the bottom of job losses.

As for steepness of decline, we know we are in a worse situation than previous recessions, thats priced into all markets right now. IMHO, we are weeding out many disfunctional american businesses - dying auto industry, coercive unions, poorly managed banks, etc. Citizens are learning to look at what their 401Ks and stock market indexes contain, etc. (Why did anyone own an index with F, Gm, BAC, etc in it??)

Market looks dead catish to me right now.

Back to my I’m-all-out-of-good-ideas trades and wing some more money at oil or something until the market either pulls back more or goes higher so I can peel off some more profit.

Signature

Posted: 09 February 2009 03:38 PM #60

Eric Landstrom - 09 February 2009 07:31 PM
    superbaka - 09 February 2009 07:11 PM

Eric

Market looks dead catish to me right now.

Back to my I’m-all-out-of-good-ideas trades and wing some more money at oil or something until the market either pulls back more or goes higher so I can peel off some more profit.

Feels like 2pm.

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes