engprof6’s prediction

• Posted: 10 February 2009 11:24 PM

What do you think of the predictions on this website - engprof6.com?

Posted: 11 February 2009 04:42 AM #1

I tracked his website since he started a couple of years ago.  His hybrid engine doesn’t forecast price, only a direction.  Also, he focuses on multi-day to a week trend.  Good to compare the hybrid engine direction with possible EW counts.  He claims the model works well, but he couldn’t make a million dollar out of $5k initial investment.  In any case, most (probably all) stock advisory site focuses on multi-day to multi-week direction.  Could be to cater to market needs i.e. everybody want to make big money fast.  Or to justify for charging a large sum of money ... if for buy n hold, can’t charge anything much since u buy and hold for a long time, there is no churn.  Just ask ernie, if recommend buy n hold for two years like AndyZaky, how to justify having a website LOL.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

• Posted: 12 February 2009 03:38 AM #2

Engprof6’s market prediction for Thurs. is up.

• Posted: 23 February 2009 01:31 AM #3

Mace-are you still tracking his website? 

He is saying - buy Monday for a reversal.

I’m keeping one eye on his calls, but making calls in this type of market.  I wonder if he’ll do better in a normal functioning market.

Posted: 23 February 2009 03:02 AM #4

alice - 23 February 2009 05:31 AM

Mace-are you still tracking his website? 

He is saying - buy Monday for a reversal.

I’m keeping one eye on his calls, but making calls in this type of market.  I wonder if he’ll do better in a normal functioning market.

I tracked his website daily.  He said buy Tuesday’s open.  So far, his calls are more accurate for less volatile market.  This should be expected since hybrid engine uses daily blocks.  His hybrid engine is ok but he doesn’t know how to trade and has yet to figure out how to employ the hybrid engine.  He also doesn’t seem to understand Wall Street.  He has added GLD and AAPL which I think is pretty smart.  GLD tends to move opposite to indices and AAPL is the current US icon.

Signature

Posted: 23 February 2009 10:09 AM #5

alice - 11 February 2009 03:24 AM

What do you think of the predictions on this website - engprof6.com?

I told him his system has been dead wrong recently. However in fairness I have been tracking him for only a couple of weeks. I’m thrilled he is now also tracking GLD and especially AAPL. With the latter, I can compare his system with mine for accuracy. I really hope he is on to something. If he is, then it is another confirmation that I can incorporate.

Signature

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”    - Jesse Livermore

Posted: 23 February 2009 04:42 PM #6

So far, engprof6’s engine is correct.  Monday is down.  If Tuesday is up with big volume, it would be classic Art Cashin’s Tuesday’s reversal, right?

Edit: For those new to engprof6.com, when he started the site, the issues he followed included AAPL and graphic shows 5 days before and after, total 10 days.  He is reverting to the original format LOL.  He changes his views, trading strategy, trading instruments, and graphic often.  It is from this perspective, that I feel he has yet to know how to fine-tune and employ his engine.  He has a long way to go.  Btw, my belief is tool is neutral, only a poorly skilled carpenter blame his tools.  Warriors are equally adept with maces, swords, polearms, axes, flails, spears, javelins, bows, orbs, staffs, wands and daggers (sound like Diablo and WoW).  No one weapon is better than the other.

[ Edited: 23 February 2009 05:06 PM by Mace ]

Signature