AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 23 February 2009 01:00 PM #31

Buy AAPL? Nope. I’ve been catching up on my tinfoil hat watching.

http://www.infowars.com/keyes-stop-obama-or-us-will-cease-to-exist/

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 23 February 2009 01:02 PM #32

Winterpool - 23 February 2009 04:47 PM

Anyone picking up any AAPL shares before we drop through $87?  rolleyes

Everything seems to be down other than financials (and they’re below their opening surge).  Looks like Dell may fall below $8 again soon.

FWIW, RIMM Is still up for the day, albeit down from its HOD.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 23 February 2009 01:05 PM #33

Charlie just tanked BAC on CNBC. Thank you freakish buying opportunity!

I will sell you soon.  :innocent:

Edit: Marches off field in victory!

[ Edited: 23 February 2009 01:19 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 23 February 2009 01:49 PM #34

DOW & S&P have broken Friday’s lows, VIX on HOD in the 51’s. Will we get a bounce here?

• Posted: 23 February 2009 01:52 PM #35

What sounded almost absurd at the beginning of 2009 isn’t that unrealistic anymore - Dow in the 6000s!

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 23 February 2009 01:53 PM #36

kiwitrader - 23 February 2009 05:49 PM

DOW & S&P have broken Friday’s lows, VIX on HOD in the 51’s. Will we get a bounce here?

I hope so. Just got an order filled @87.66

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 23 February 2009 02:00 PM #37

litespeed - 23 February 2009 05:53 PM

Darn Art Cashin for taking the day off!  :wink: Maybe we will test the S&P 741 of Nov. right here…

Posted: 23 February 2009 02:07 PM #38

AAPL just moved above the downtrend that started about 9:53.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 23 February 2009 02:11 PM #39

kiwitrader - 23 February 2009 06:00 PM
    litespeed - 23 February 2009 05:53 PM

Darn Art Cashin for taking the day off!  :wink: Maybe we will test the S&P 741 of Nov. right here…

I’m kind of hoping 749.65 is close enough…

Signature

Posted: 23 February 2009 02:45 PM #40

litespeed - 23 February 2009 06:11 PM

Me too. This could be it, at least for a day or two. Art was very bullish that we could pull off a nice (bear market) rally with a successful retest. Just not sure if DOW breaking Friday’s lows cancels this out. I suppose “they” had to in order to get the S&P in closer to the 741 level. Whatever. VIX heading back down nicely now off it’s HOD.

• Posted: 23 February 2009 02:56 PM #41

kiwitrader - 23 February 2009 06:45 PM
    litespeed - 23 February 2009 06:11 PM

Me too. This could be it, at least for a day or two. Art was very bullish that we could pull off a nice (bear market) rally with a successful retest. Just not sure if DOW breaking Friday’s lows cancels this out. I suppose “they” had to in order to get the S&P in closer to the 741 level. Whatever. VIX heading back down nicely now off it’s HOD.

I think most traders consider the S&P the most important index as far as highs and lows. The Dow just gets all the glory because it is the most (mis) understood by the general public grin

Signature

Posted: 23 February 2009 03:22 PM #42

Banks must remain private says White House. Again. Today. According to Erin who is in China or something and traveling abroad without an army of makeup artists.

Banks moving up again.

Signature

Posted: 23 February 2009 03:25 PM #43

litespeed - 23 February 2009 06:56 PM

I think most traders consider the S&P the most important index as far as highs and lows. The Dow just gets all the glory because it is the most (mis) understood by the general public grin

I agree and usually don’t monitor the DOW very closely. But the last 3 trading days the herd/trend has been focused on it as it breaks historic support. Perhaps today the trend will rest and this run at S&P 741 will be considered a success? I should shutup now before I further tempt fate, as there’s not alot of volume behind this recovery off the low.

Posted: 23 February 2009 03:25 PM #44

BTW, anybody have any views on the reversal of the contango trade and ushering in backwardation in the futures?

Signature

• Posted: 23 February 2009 03:32 PM #45

Out at 88.56. I think we will touch 88 again.

Kiwi, I hope your BAC is doing well enough to keep your margin call away…

Signature