AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 23 February 2009 03:37 PM #46

OT-anyone else sick of Rick Santelli yet or is it just me?

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 23 February 2009 03:41 PM #47

litespeed - 23 February 2009 07:37 PM

Rick is a national treasure.

Any questions?

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 23 February 2009 03:44 PM #48

Eric Landstrom - 23 February 2009 07:41 PM

Rick is a national treasure.

Any questions?

LOL, I guess you will be attending his tea party then…

Signature

Posted: 23 February 2009 03:51 PM #49

No, it’s me too. I’m sure there are others. Though I really don’t believe he has an evil bone in him, he may have awakened to the power he has to help out his old bond-trader working buddies.

If they give him his own show, you’ll know he’s crossed over to the dark side.  :wink:

Posted: 23 February 2009 03:54 PM #50

I’m guessing this AIG news is not helping things. :bugeyed:

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 23 February 2009 03:58 PM #51

Here comes the $86s, which is getting into my buying range.  Anyone else have similar thoughts, or should I wait for Messrs Obama and Geithner to make things worse this week?

Edited: foiled!  Well, we’ve still forty minutes.  And days.  And months.

[ Edited: 23 February 2009 04:19 PM by Winterpool ]

Signature

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! for the world… hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain

Posted: 23 February 2009 04:24 PM #52

Looks like a test of S&P 741 may be coming up soon.

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 23 February 2009 04:28 PM #53

Winterpool - 23 February 2009 07:58 PM

Here comes the $86s, which is getting into my buying range.  Anyone else have similar thoughts, or should I wait for Messrs Obama and Geithner to make things worse this week?

Edited: foiled!  Well, we’ve still forty minutes.  And days.  And months.

Getting with the gospel of .gov underwhelming and getting things consistently wrong, eh?

The .gov has a plan

(chorus) It’s wrong!

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 23 February 2009 04:28 PM #54

Oversold. Back in at 86.91

Signature

Posted: 23 February 2009 04:33 PM #55

Dang, I should have jumped in on the second sub-87 dip.

Is S&P 743 good enough as a retest?  Somehow I think the markets will demand we see 741 this week.

Signature

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! for the world… hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain

• Posted: 23 February 2009 04:43 PM #56

Winterpool - 23 February 2009 08:33 PM

Dang, I should have jumped in on the second sub-87 dip.

Is S&P 743 good enough as a retest?  Somehow I think the markets will demand we see 741 this week.

here’s your chance…

Signature

Posted: 23 February 2009 04:47 PM #57

Hoping for a few dimes to chip away first…  Though we’ve only fifteen minutes now.

I still tend to agree with the contention that the S&P must see 741.  Nothing else will do.

Signature

Posted: 23 February 2009 04:53 PM #58

Winterpool - 23 February 2009 08:47 PM

Hoping for a few dimes to chip away first…  Though we’ve only fifteen minutes now.

I still tend to agree with the contention that the S&P must see 741.  Nothing else will do.

Getting within a point would be a successful retest. Going below 741 would be a failed support, IMO. Who knows where we go from there. Wherever it is, it will be the new number to watch.

• Posted: 23 February 2009 05:00 PM #59

kiwitrader - 23 February 2009 08:53 PM
    Winterpool - 23 February 2009 08:47 PM

Getting within a point would be a successful retest. Going below 741 would be a failed support, IMO. Who knows where we go from there. Wherever it is, it will be the new number to watch.

Woot. 741 held for today at least.

Signature

Posted: 23 February 2009 05:04 PM #60

In the end, none of my buy orders were triggered.  I missed HNZ by a few cents, and I suspect may rue not setting the limit higher after they announce earnings.  Interestingly the declining pound sterling is a threat to Heinz considering their great presence in the UK.

As to AAPL, I hope Dell will help me get my target price eventually this week.

Edited: curious whether Kiwi or anyone else bought FSLR now that it’s back below $130.

Signature