Apple’s Annual Meeting to Focus on Steve Jobs

Posted: 23 February 2009 11:53 PM

I didn’t realize the annual meeting is coming soon:

Jobs Health Concerns Swirl Ahead of Apple Meeting

Signature

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”    - Jesse Livermore

• Posted: 24 February 2009 12:19 AM #1

I plan to attend… anyone else? Glad to meet up if so. I don’t post here often but am an avid follower.
    ~ Dan
    idannyb

• Posted: 24 February 2009 12:50 AM #2

idannyb - 24 February 2009 04:19 AM

I plan to attend… anyone else? Glad to meet up if so. I don’t post here often but am an avid follower.
    ~ Dan
    idannyb

I wish I could join you.

Obviously questions about SJ’s health will occur at the meeting. I don’t think though it will be the focus of the meeting. For all we know he might show up.

Posted: 24 February 2009 02:29 AM #3

I may have selectively skimmed the Bloomberg article (maybe it’s because the author is one of the three reporters who basically harassed Steve Jobs on the phone), but the only useful I thing I got out of it is that Steve Jobs’ birthday is tomorrow (well, it’s the 24th, so I guess it’s today in TMO forum time).  So happy birthday, Steve, and keep focusing on your treatment. 

Being that he’s on medical leave, here’s hoping Steve doesn’t show up at the shareholder’s meeting.  It’d hardly be unexpected although certain folks in the media will surely make hay out of it.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 24 February 2009 02:31 AM #4

Mav - 24 February 2009 06:29 AM

I may have selectively skimmed the Bloomberg article (maybe it’s because the author is one of the three reporters who basically harassed Steve Jobs on the phone), but the only useful I thing I got out of it is that Steve Jobs’ birthday is tomorrow (well, it’s the 24th, so I guess it’s today in TMO forum time).  So happy birthday, Steve, and keep focusing on your treatment.

Agreed.

Posted: 24 February 2009 03:26 AM #5

DawnTreader - 24 February 2009 04:50 AM
    idannyb - 24 February 2009 04:19 AM

~ Dan
    idannyb

I wish I could join you.

Obviously questions about SJ’s health will occur at the meeting. I don’t think though it will be the focus of the meeting. For all we know he might show up.

It would seem pointless to me that the focus of the meeting would be on Steve Jobs’ health situation. An update with some positive news would obviously be welcome, but I wouldn’t expect anything more than that in terms of any prepared information. I’m actually more interested in what’s happening (or not happening) on the desktop computer front.

That’s not to say that I don’t care about Steve’s health mind you, but I’m satisfied that he’s on sabbatical til mid year, and we’ll see what happens after that time.

Posted: 24 February 2009 12:29 PM #6

A few things I would like that be brought up at the shareholders meeting:

1) Corporate governance: what value do the individual board members bring and what tabs are they keeping on Apple management. No complaints from Apple’s management yet, but without a vigilant board, snafus are bound to happen - people are people.

Why is Google’s Schmidt CEO, a potential competitor on board? The statement that he recuses himself from discussions that may be in conflict of interest does not fly. What advantage is there to Apple by his presence to compensate for the risk of him acquiring potentially sensitive information?

2) When will Apple stop accumulating cash? How much is enough?

3) Executive pay structure. What incentives does management have for the long term health of the company?

Signature

Tightwad.