AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 24 February 2009 06:43 PM

Plato - 24 February 2009 09:48 PM
    cramar - 24 February 2009 09:03 PM

A good day all around. Not a great day, but a good one.  BAC up 20% to name one.

And still climbing in AH. Bought some myself at 4.55 today. Hope we might be able to climb above $5 tomorrow in case Obama unveils some details in his speech tonight.

When SKF lost $165 with conviction, it really cleared the way for many to get back into the financials, IMO. BAC and C were pulling the strings today for that ETF. At least in the last hour anyways.

My Fidelity AH trading has been seized up since the close, not letting me put orders through. Otherwise I’d have sold half my BAC at 4.80 about an hour ago for the cash to short FSLR. Oh well, I’ll just have to settle for carrying the whole BAC postion into the open tomorrow now. Maybe it all is happening for the best.

[ Edited: 26 February 2009 03:40 AM by DawnTreader ]      
  • Posted: 24 February 2009 06:54 PM #1

kiwitrader - 24 February 2009 10:43 PM

A good day all around. Not a great day, but a good one.  BAC up 20% to name one.

And still climbing in AH. Bought some myself at 4.55 today. Hope we might be able to climb above $5 tomorrow in case Obama unveils some details in his speech tonight.

When SKF lost $165 with conviction, it really cleared the way for many to get back into the financials, IMO. BAC and C were pulling the strings today for that ETF. At least in the last hour anyways.

My Fidelity AH trading has been seized up since the close, not letting me put orders through. Otherwise I’d have sold half my BAC at 4.80 about an hour ago for the cash to short FSLR. Oh well, I’ll just have to settle for carrying the whole BAC postion into the open tomorrow now. Maybe it all is happening for the best.

Why 165 in SKF - I don’t follow that stock that much!?

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 24 February 2009 07:00 PM #2

kiwitrader - 24 February 2009 10:43 PM

You’ve probably got an order from the regular session that didn’t execute that is now pending cancelation. Call up the trading desk and tell them to sort it out.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 24 February 2009 07:14 PM #3

Plato - 24 February 2009 10:54 PM

Why 165 in SKF - I don’t follow that stock that much!?

Looking at a 10-day intraday chart, $165 looks like a strong support level. The ETF gapped up there on Feb.17th, breaking through a few days of resistance at $150. That’s when the financials all started melting down, until today. Looking at a 3-month daily chart, $165 has been resistance since early December, except for the week of Jan. 19th when we had a marketwide selloff. It’s hard to decipher what’s the tail wagging the dog, but IMHO, the fear of this double-inverse ETF shorting the living daylights out of everything could have been an obstacle to buying the finacials for many. Seeing it break a key support area may have given some a technical “buy” signal as well?

Posted: 24 February 2009 07:16 PM #4

Amazing that more BAC shares trade in first 2 hours AH than a lot of stocks trade in a whole market day. Hard to fathom these half billion plus share days for BAC. Years ago this was big volume for the entire NYSE.

Signature

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”    - Jesse Livermore

Posted: 24 February 2009 07:42 PM #5

Eric Landstrom - 24 February 2009 11:00 PM

You’ve probably got an order from the regular session that didn’t execute that is now pending cancelation. Call up the trading desk and tell them to sort it out.

They kept shooting me the “we are experienceing technical difficulties or are performing site maintenance” message. But the opportunity to short FSLR at $137 down to $113 has passed. I’m comfortable just hanging in with my BAC position until tomorrow now. I’m the queen of selling, just as a trade I’ve been building/holding a few days starts to work.

For the sake of not being a total OT blowhard, I’d like to mention that AAPL got a nice plug from Pete Najarian tonight on Fast Money, citing the release of Safari 4.  :wink:

Posted: 24 February 2009 09:28 PM #6

I’ve been away all day on business in South Bend. Wow, what a wild day in the market. Just checked and saw that AAPL was back at $88.00 though in AH. Did I miss something?

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 24 February 2009 09:47 PM #8

mbmullin - 25 February 2009 01:37 AM

No worries C-Man, we look to actually be up a quarter AH…sorry for the insanely long link…

http://quotes.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/ExtendedTradingTrades.aspx?mode=&page=afterhours&symbol=AAPL&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&selected=aapl&FormType;=&kind;=&Leap;=&mkttype=after&sel=afterhours&userinput;=&x=0&y=0

Mbmullin, your link shows “After Hours Last” at 88.00. Am I somehow reading this wrong?

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

• Posted: 24 February 2009 09:49 PM #9

No worries C-Man, we look to actually be up a quarter AH…sorry for the insanely long link…

You may need to edit your post to enclose the link, otherwise it’s going to be hard to read later posts without a lot of scrolling.

• Posted: 24 February 2009 09:50 PM #10

Wednesday

R4         104.96
      midpoint   102.21
    R3       99.47
      midpoint   96.72
    R2       93.98
      midpoint   92.22
    R1       90.46
      midpoint   89.48
    PP       88.49
      midpoint   86.73
    S1       84.97
      midpoint   83.99
    S2       83.00
      midpoint   80.25
    S3       77.51
      midpoint   74.76
    S4       72.02

Posted: 24 February 2009 09:57 PM #11

ConMan - 25 February 2009 01:47 AM

http://quotes.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/ExtendedTradingTrades.aspx?mode=&page=afterhours&symbol=AAPL&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&symbol;=&selected=aapl&FormType;=&kind;=&Leap;=&mkttype=after&sel=afterhours&userinput;=&x=0&y=0

Mbmullin, your link shows “After Hours Last” at 88.00. Am I somehow reading this wrong?

I’m seeing 88 AH too. What happened?

Posted: 24 February 2009 10:02 PM #12

That’s some BS!

• Posted: 24 February 2009 11:04 PM #13

I think the market will respond positively to tonight’s Obama address.

Posted: 24 February 2009 11:10 PM #14

I agree, if Wall St. wanted a hopeful speech, they certainly got it.

What a story in regards to the Bank Exec. spreading out $60 Million amongst his employees. Amazing. John Thain’s alter ego.

Signature

Mully

Posted: 24 February 2009 11:24 PM #15

For a variety of reasons I failed to watch or listen to the Obama speech (can you believe I watched an episode of Chuck instead?).  Also failed to read any financial developments.  I suppose I was feeling a bit sore about not buying anything yesterday (dang my luck with limit orders) and missing today’s rally.

Anyhow, then I return to the Apple Finance Board and read of the ups and downs of FSLR after-hours (142 to 114 to 129?!) and AAPL at 88.  What the bloody hell happened?

Best get caught up with the news then…

Signature

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! for the world… hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain