Safari 4.0 beta

• Posted: 24 February 2009 11:29 PM

This looks very cool to me, but I am interested to know what the wise commentators on AFB think.

• Posted: 25 February 2009 12:03 AM #1

I love it. Hauls ass!

Signature

Financial Alchemist

Posted: 25 February 2009 01:28 AM #2

capablanca - 25 February 2009 03:29 AM

This looks very cool to me, but I am interested to know what the wise commentators on AFB think.

Looks good so far. It’ll be awhile before I’ve had enough time in on it to really tell, but I’m happy with its performance afaik right now. Hasn’t acted like beta software (yet) either.

• Posted: 25 February 2009 02:08 AM #3

Very fast.

• Posted: 25 February 2009 04:05 AM #4

deasys - 25 February 2009 06:08 AM

Very fast.

And quite cool.  8-)

• Posted: 25 February 2009 04:25 AM #5

Well so far it has messed up my msn messenger, and my mail app.

I also read on macrumors forum while searching for answers to my problems that is not working with hotmail.

But seems pretty fast and i like the new views.

Signature

You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don?t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. ?For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.?
    2 Corinthians 9:7

• Posted: 25 February 2009 06:17 AM #6

Shame on you! Using msn messenger on a Mac :innocent:

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.

• Posted: 25 February 2009 10:12 AM #7

The statistics look pretty good, and it could be yet another good PR vehicle for Apple:

Safari 4 Benchmarked: 42 times faster than IE 7, 3.5 faster than FireFox 3

Posted: 25 February 2009 10:29 AM #8

My entire system hung while using Safari 4. I am still using it and it hasn’t re-occurred so far. Other than that I quite like it other than the change in tab placement.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 25 February 2009 11:00 AM #9

Also like Safari 4 - but not the tabs on top. You can move the tabs down below the toolbar where they resided before by entering this command in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4TabBarIsOnTop -bool NO

..and you can get the old blue progressline instead of the spinning wheel by entering these two commands in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4IncludeToolbarRedesign -bool NO
    defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4LoadProgressStyle -bool NO

tongue laugh

[ Edited: 25 February 2009 11:04 AM by climbforever ]      

Posted: 25 February 2009 11:17 AM #10

climbforever - 25 February 2009 03:00 PM

Also like Safari 4 - but not the tabs on top. You can move the tabs down below the toolbar where they resided before by entering this command in Terminal:

..and you can get the old blue progressline instead of the spinning wheel by entering these two commands in Terminal:

tongue laugh

Thanks for that.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

• Posted: 25 February 2009 11:51 AM #11

wheeles - 25 February 2009 03:17 PM
    climbforever - 25 February 2009 03:00 PM

tongue laugh

Thanks for that.

The only issue I have is the bug associated with Flash that basically crashes the browser if you try and do too much with the mouse cursor over a running flash movie.

Signature

Posted: 25 February 2009 12:02 PM #12

I really really like it. I have been using google chrome on the pc side for a while so i really like the tabs on top. It is really fast and clean interface i do want the blue progress bar back however i think it is a bug not to have it…apples site mentions it in the features page.

Posted: 25 February 2009 12:42 PM #13

Looks cool, but

1. Where is the ad blocking? I use Firefox for two reasons and the most important is AdBlock Plus.

2. Creating new tabs is weak. Firefox lets me double click while Safari requires me to use a special key that I don’t even have on my keyboard.

Signature

Dave Barnes
    +1.303.744.9024
    WebEnhancement Services - Worldwide

• Posted: 25 February 2009 12:54 PM #14

Do not like the new look on a windoz PC. I want my browser at work to look like my Mac at home, not some Windoz App. However, it is one speed demon. Way better than before.

On my new iMac it looks and performs really well. A very nice piece of work.

• Posted: 25 February 2009 01:00 PM #15

Awesome.
    Love it.
    Absolutely love it.