Obama, New STIMULUS PROGRAM, Pyramid Building?

Posted: 04 March 2009 05:50 PM #16

Eric Landstrom - 04 March 2009 07:05 PM
    Bryanyc - 04 March 2009 06:59 PM

I see your point.

Let’s just be more like Panama.

Population less than Brooklyn, always an epitome of democracy.

Panama has become the second largest banking capital of the world.

Thats not a complement these days…..

Posted: 04 March 2009 11:45 PM #17

Bryanyc - 04 March 2009 09:50 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 04 March 2009 07:05 PM
    Bryanyc - 04 March 2009 06:59 PM

I see your point.

Let’s just be more like Panama.

Population less than Brooklyn, always an epitome of democracy.

Panama has become the second largest banking capital of the world.

Thats not a complement these days…..

It is when it is growing.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 05 March 2009 03:44 AM #18

It seems as though people believe that if the stock market rallied then people would magically become employed. Apple could go to $200, would they all of a sudden be hiring people left and right? We need to create real jobs, not just financial wealth that?s top heavy and comes crashing down on everyone?s heads (except the folks that created it) when it doesn?t work.

The stock market rally, increasing employment, and financial wealth are not magic. They are the results of normal capitalism, Our recent failures are a result of government’s inability to perform their duty of regulation. Additionally government attempted to impose the costs of social change on the credit markets. 

We have now a question on the nature of human interactions. Will the primary results of labor create wealth or social justice?  I prefer to keep score, with dollar signs, commas and decimal points. It’s more objective. And with some of that wealth individuals can choose to build libraries, theaters, parks, orphanages, and whatever suits them. It makes for an interesting and diverse society when wealth is free to create.