Logo Making for the Graphically Challenged

• Posted: 06 March 2009 11:19 AM

One of the common tasks when starting a new website, be it a blog or an ordinary site, is to create a logo for the site. Depending on your artistic talents, creating logos might be something you can do in your sleep or it may be something that gives you insomnia. If you are one of those who finds it difficult to design and draw pictures, this article is for you. It deals with how Web Developers can create a logo, or even a banner, for your site the quick and dirty way, almost reducing it to a science so that talentless people like us can’t fail (too much). Your logo won’t win any awards, but at least you will have something that you can place on your website.

This article is hazardous to the mental well-being of graphic artists and anyone with a creative streak. The atrocities that pass for art here may cause anguish, horror, high blood pressure and cramps (too much cringing). Do not proceed any further if you have even a modicum of artistic talent.

Before beginning, you should know that there are alternative ways to get a logo for your site. If you run a business and already have a logo for your company, such as that found on your company’s letterhead, simply scan the logo to use for your site.

If you run a business but don’t have a logo, you really should hire a professional design company to create it for you. Following this article may ruin your reputation.

(Explanation: While the steps to creating a logo for your website mentioned below can be applied by anyone, if you really feel that you are a dummy at making logos, and have a reputation to maintain, it’s best to get professional help. On the other hand, you may surprise yourself. We sometimes cripple ourselves by our own lack of confidence.)

[ Edited: 06 March 2009 09:06 PM by Intruder ]      

Posted: 06 March 2009 09:08 PM #1

Since you claim to be providing an informative post, I’m sure you won’t mind my removing the gratuitous link to a business that is unrelated to the topic.

BTW… Where is the article you are touting?

Oh, were you just posting to get hits to your site? Sorry about that.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…