Sink Thread?

Posted: 10 March 2009 09:27 AM

Is it possible for an individual to sink a thread, so that in their list of threads, a sunk thread, regardless of how active it is, can be made to drop down the list as people post to other threads?

There are a few threads that keep popping up like bad pennies (eg. “Should Apple license Mac OS X”). It would be nice to be able to banish them.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 11 March 2009 06:01 PM #1

No, that’s not a feature.  We encourage people to post in the appropriate forum, but most activity either occurs in 1 Infinite Loop or Apple Finance Board. 

One thing that could be possible is a topic chooser.  I could design a feature that displays all current topics, but only if they are from a forum that a member is ‘subscribed’ to.  It would require people post in the appropriate forum, but wouldn’t require people to visit every individual forum.

Perhaps this would be a good time to start a discussion how these boards might be better organized?