midpoint   92.76
    S3       91.67
      midpoint   90.57
    S4       89.48

[ Edited: 18 March 2009 01:14 AM by DawnTreader ]      
  • Posted: 15 March 2009 07:16 PM #1

Thank you!  grin

• Posted: 15 March 2009 08:59 PM #2

Having watched Uncle Ben on 60 minutes, I don’t think he said anything that should spook the little rally the market started last week. Of course it is OE week and we can expect the unexpected, as usual. Apple’s Tuesday event may keep AAPl up, but I’m not sure what happens Wednesday, the day most OE maneuvers get executed.

Posted: 15 March 2009 11:21 PM #3

Hello AFBers. I hope you’re enjoying this rally. My analysis is that we’ll see 800 on the S&P soon enough before a correction.

I’ve started a project with John C Dvorak to aggregate tech news. I have a prototype that focuses on Apple from an investors perspective. If you have the time, I would appreciate your comments. The URL of this site is: http://apple-investor.com

The URL of the tech aggregator site, which should launch in about 2-3 weeks, will be: http://techgratr.org

Also, we’ll be looking for contributors. Just email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you’re interested.

By the way, I’ve syndicated the AFB feed on the site, so that posts appear below the fold. Hopefully it will drive some new users to AFB.

-ernie

Signature

Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits
    -Wish you were here

• Posted: 16 March 2009 02:12 AM #4

artman1033 - 16 March 2009 03:55 AM
    erntheburn - 16 March 2009 02:21 AM

Hello AFBers. I hope you’re enjoying this rally. My analysis is that we’ll see 800 on the S&P soon enough before a correction.

I’ve started a project with John C Dvorak to aggregate tech news. I have a prototype that focuses on Apple from an investors perspective. If you have the time, I would appreciate your comments. The URL of this site is: http://apple-investor.com

The URL of the tech aggregator site, which should launch in about 2-3 weeks, will be: http://techgratr.org

Also, we’ll be looking for contributors. Just email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you’re interested.

By the way, I’ve syndicated the AFB feed on the site, so that posts appear below the fold. Hopefully it will drive some new users to AFB.

-ernie

JOHN DVORAK???

MY GOODNESS!!!

Surely, you jest?

May I suggest adding Toni “the Tool”, Henry Blodget, and little Eric from Barrons.

Don’t forget Robert Cringely.  :-D

• Posted: 16 March 2009 04:31 AM #5

Hi Ern….welcome back again!
    How was your “recalibrate my Zen” tour to Tibet? 
    tongue laugh

• Posted: 16 March 2009 05:00 AM #6

I’m feeling a little angst over the syndication. I get the necessity of the business model supporting this site. but supporting other sites? I feel so cheap. I need a shower.

Posted: 16 March 2009 07:45 AM #7

MacB - 16 March 2009 07:31 AM

Hi Ern….welcome back again!
    How was your “recalibrate my Zen” tour to Tibet? 
    tongue laugh

I’m well thank you, great to be alive and awake!

So, do you all think we’ve hit a bottom, or are you still so shell shocked that you think this is just a cruel tease to an even lower market?

If it is a bottom, hitting 666 an the S&P would be quite prophetic, don’t you think?

You may remember, I called the bottom to that exact level way back in early November of 2008 in both written and spoken word. http://bit.ly/spxhell

-erntheburn

Signature

Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits
    -Wish you were here

Posted: 16 March 2009 09:13 AM #8

Optimism continues into the next week.  Asian markets were up; Europe is up.  Pre-market looks good (AAPL trading above Friday’s high!).  Bernanke apparently ventured that the recession could end this year.  OPEC didn’t feel the need to cut production.

I’m a little worried that the AIG bonuses and revelation of counterparties could increase the pitchfork and flame mentality of the anti-bank rabble (I certainly don’t support the bankers who helped blow up this mess, but I’m not going to cut off my nose to spite my face).

Also, Cramar mentioned on Friday that we need a slight correction for this rally to have legs.  Otherwise, he thinks it will collapse.  So we should in fact hope for things to get a little worse this week?  Untramelled optimism would undo the bear rally?

And we agree this is at best a bear rally, no?  Or do some of you think 666 will prove the ultimate bottom?

Edited: last time I saw a lot of Ern the burn on this board, AAPL was falling to its 20 January low, and all the doom and gloom on the board undermined my inclination to buy massively at 78.  Does his return herald a nice Apple rally and my failure to take full advantage of it?

Barclays up 20 per cent this morning on suggestions it might sell iShares, as well as a ‘strong start to 2009’ (they’re making money?).  I hope this helps continue the financials rally.

Correction: our Cramar, not the silly bald man humiliated by Stewart.

[ Edited: 16 March 2009 10:23 AM by Winterpool ]

Signature

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! for the world… hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain

Posted: 16 March 2009 10:29 AM #9

US industrial production fell 1.4 per cent in February (0.9 per cent was expected).  Capacity utilisation is at a record low of 70.9 per cent—though stats have only been kept for this measurement since the late ‘60s.

Signature

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! for the world… hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain

• Posted: 16 March 2009 10:36 AM #10

Winter, your BAC buy from Friday seems to be paying off. Do you have an exit price in mind?

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 16 March 2009 10:40 AM #11

Winterpool - 16 March 2009 12:13 PM

Pre-market looks good (AAPL trading above Friday’s high!).

That didn’t last long.  rolleyes

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 16 March 2009 10:41 AM #12

Not really.  it’s a small number of shares (I should have defied you lot and bought more!  tongue laugh ), so I’ll just ride them for a while.  I did raise my stop to a little above $6.  I do share Cramar’s belief we should probably see a minor correction soon, though perhaps not today.  If I can get my weaker equities to rise one more percentage point, I can tidy up some of my less brilliant positions.

What is happening with AAPL?

Signature

• Posted: 16 March 2009 10:45 AM #13

Winterpool - 16 March 2009 01:41 PM

Not really.  it’s a small number of shares (I should have defied you lot and bought more!  tongue laugh ), so I’ll just ride them for a while.  I did raise my stop to a little above $6.  I do share Cramar’s belief we should probably see a minor correction soon, though perhaps not today.  If I can get my weaker equities to rise one more percentage point, I can tidy up some of my less brilliant positions.

LOL, gravitational pull due to OE.  grin

Signature

• Posted: 16 March 2009 10:46 AM #14

Looking at the daily chart - the RSI, the Stochastic and the CCI point to an overbought condition (after rising 17% or so). And don’t forget we might see the ‘sell the news effect’ come tomorrow.

7400 is resistance on the DOW - so watch your BAC.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 16 March 2009 10:49 AM #15

Plato - 16 March 2009 01:46 PM

Looking at the daily chart - the RSI, the Stochastic and the CCI point to an overbought condition (after rising 17% or so). And don’t forget we might see the ‘sell the news effect’ come tomorrow.

7400 is resistance on the DOW - so watch your BAC.

Plato, are you still sitting on your shorts? I got stopped out of the QID last week, but thinking of making a swing trade here.

Signature