iPhone OS 3.0: Yippee or Yawn?

Posted: 05 April 2009 05:59 PM #31

From AppleInsider

The founder of Austrian site Benm.at claims to have found multiple unused graphical controls that relate directly to video editing. Among the controls are grab points that would let users define the start and end of clips as well as repeating, tile graphics and references to an ‘edit bar.’

Brought to English readers through Gizmodo, the rumor doesn’t yet show an actual video editor but further supports evidence of video capturing as a staple feature in iPhone 3.0.

People familiar with Apple’s plans have previously told AppleInsider that the camera in the next-genration iPhone should include video capture abilities, an assertion supported by a screen cap for MobileMe sync that alluded to uploading video.

• Posted: 06 April 2009 02:13 AM #32

I’ve pretty much taken t for granted that it will have video (of if there are two models, as rumored, at least one will). What I’d like to her about is a front facing camera for video conferencing.

Posted: 06 April 2009 08:50 AM #33

willrob - 06 April 2009 05:13 AM

I’ve pretty much taken t for granted that it will have video (of if there are two models, as rumored, at least one will). What I’d like to her about is a front facing camera for video conferencing.

I wouldn’t expect video conferencing.  Not saying it can’t be done, but the network bandwidth would really strain the existing mobile infrastructure.  I would expect this to be introduced when networks upgrade to LTE in 2010/11 with the extra bandwidth multiple video streams from mobile users could be supported.

Posted: 21 April 2009 01:22 PM #34

iPhone Software 3.0 may offer voice control, dialing - report

A new report is backing rumors of Voice Dialing support inside betas of Apple’s iPhone 3.0 Software but adds that capability may be just one of several features included in a new Voice Services framework that may also facilitate voice control of the new OS.

Apple Insider