Converting to Quick Time files and vice versa

• Posted: 27 March 2009 04:11 AM

I have downloaded a Realplayer file and a VLC file that I would like to convert to quick time. Anyone know how do I do that?

And how do I convert quick time files to VLC and Realplayer?

Thanks

M

Posted: 09 April 2009 09:29 PM #1

Free:  Tools like Mpeg Streamclip and VideoMonkey would serve you well.

Paid:  Quicktime Pro.  Best $30 you’ll ever spend.

Signature

A just war is in the long run far better for a nation’s soul than the most prosperous peace obtained by acquiescence in wrong or injustice.-  Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States (1858 - 1919)

Posted: 10 April 2009 11:10 AM #2

If you can find a download VisualHub or even iSquint worked great. Was a front end for ffmpeg and other command line tools.

It is pretty much abandonware now that Techspansion has shut down.

Just know that converting Realplayer files is a pain, no matter which way you do it.

Really wish Real would just up and *buffering*.......*buffering*......*buffering*.....

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

Posted: 10 April 2009 02:57 PM #3

That’s exactly why I didn’t mention Visual Hub or iSquint.  As I type this I am transcoding 10 avi files with Visual Hub.  It’s great.  However, VideoMonkey is looking to be the next Visual Hub/iSquint replacement.  Same concept anyway- simple GUI front-end on FFMpeg.

Signature

A just war is in the long run far better for a nation’s soul than the most prosperous peace obtained by acquiescence in wrong or injustice.-  Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States (1858 - 1919)

• Posted: 10 April 2009 05:28 PM #4

I just downloaded ffmpeg and it worked a treat on a VLC file.