AAPL Intraday Updates

• Posted: 15 April 2009 05:25 PM

We’ll be archiving this topic tonight. The new topic will start with relevant posts for Thursday trading, if any.

[ Edited: 18 April 2009 06:18 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 15 April 2009 05:41 PM #1

DawnTreader - 15 April 2009 08:25 PM

We’ll be archiving this topic tonight. The new topic will start with relevant posts for Thursday trading, if any.

Then, it might be worth bumping this info:

Thurs./Fri. Economic Data
    Apr 16   08:30   Building Permits  
    Apr 16   08:30   Housing Starts   Mar    
    Apr 16   08:30   Initial Claims  
    Apr 16   10:00   Philadelphia Fed    
    Apr 17   09:55   Mich Sentiment-Prel

Thursday April 16 Notable Earnings
    JP Morgan and Nokia - before the open
    Google and SanDisk - after the close

Friday April 17 Notable Earnings
    GE and Citigroup - before the open

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

• Posted: 15 April 2009 11:47 PM #2

Thank you!

Let’s get to looking at Thursday…

• Posted: 16 April 2009 01:21 AM #3

Thursday

R4         125.42
      midpoint   124.05
    R3       122.67
      midpoint   121.30
    R2       119.92
      midpoint   119.35
    R1       118.78
      midpoint   117.98
    PP       117.17
      midpoint   116.60
    S1       116.03
      midpoint   115.23
    S2       114.42
      midpoint   113.05
    S3       111.67
      midpoint   110.30
    S4       108.92

• Posted: 16 April 2009 01:30 AM #4

Thank you! I knew we’d see the above post sometime tonight.  grin

Posted: 16 April 2009 03:36 AM #5

GGP unexpectedly filed for C11. Woot, woot!

This is good for people shorting GGP and REITS.

M&A is expected to come to the REIT business.

[ Edited: 16 April 2009 03:41 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 16 April 2009 08:02 AM #6

Some of my stops were triggered on Wednesday and I sold some May@120 calls at a small profit. I am now contemplating of waiting out the 2009q2 results and buy into some June calls, maybe $20 out of the money.

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 16 April 2009 09:35 AM #7

Eric Landstrom - 16 April 2009 06:36 AM

GGP unexpectedly filed for C11. Woot, woot!

This is good for people shorting GGP and REITS.

M&A is expected to come to the REIT business.

I stand redeemed.

Just a few months too early on the call.

I get the trends right normally, but the timing ... well, that is quite another matter.

I trust that everyone listened to my call six weeks ago to BUY BUY residential real estate if you ever want to upgrade your living accomadations, the window for STEALING A HOUSE LEGALLY, is closing rapidly.

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 16 April 2009 09:52 AM #8

DawnTreader - 16 April 2009 04:30 AM

Thank you! I knew we’d see the above post sometime tonight.  grin

I use David Letterman’s Top Ten List to remind me LOL

• Posted: 16 April 2009 09:57 AM #9

JPM reported earnings, and while they beat the street, the stock took a while to do anything you would call “climbing.” [now up .67 in PM] BAC & C are up but not as much as hoped for. I assume a lot of their potential is already “baked in.” But there is also a lot of sell the news going on, and of course shorters are having a field day. AAPL meanwhile is quietly making a run for 119.

edit: JPM now up 1.46, and are considering paying back TARP.

[ Edited: 16 April 2009 10:19 AM by willrob ]      
  • Posted: 16 April 2009 10:18 AM #10

Jobless claims dropped to 610K.

Posted: 16 April 2009 11:20 AM #11

AAPL +120 again…

Signature

-John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 16 April 2009 11:31 AM #12

Any thoughts on this recent move up? I’ve been considering picking up some AAPL in hopes of flagging GOOG (if they report stellar earnings as some, such as Munster, have suspected) , thinking that AAPL could rise to the $126 area before they report earnings. Maybe there are others thinking the same. OE still has me hesitant to do anything today though.

Signature

-John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 16 April 2009 12:30 PM #13

Yes I have some thoughts…for what it is worth.  I think the markets are about to change direction and it could be violent. Broad markets are clearly doing an EW ending diagonal, and they are struggling to maintain the bottom of a trend channnel.  So the probability is there that the drop will be sharp.

AAPL is at or near my target picked four months ago. The wave action has been choppy indicating it is running out running out of steam. Daily indicators for broad markets and AAPL show grossly overbought. Looking for the AAPL short or maybe puts.

Signature

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”    - Jesse Livermore

• Posted: 16 April 2009 12:30 PM #14

ConMan - 16 April 2009 02:31 PM

Any thoughts on this recent move up? I’ve been considering picking up some AAPL in hopes of flagging GOOG (if they report stellar earnings as some, such as Munster, have suspected) , thinking that AAPL could rise to the $126 area before they report earnings. Maybe there are others thinking the same. OE still has me hesitant to do anything today though.

Don’t most of the OE adjustments take place by Wednesday? At least that’s what a lot of people here believe. But with the Max Pain still at 100, it doesn’t seem that many option holders have adjusted their holdings. Or perhaps it’s too late for them.

OE is odd this month, as most of the stocks I’ve been checking are way above their Max Pain price. Perhaps the market movers are expecting C and GE to report poorly and drag the whole market down on Friday?

• Posted: 16 April 2009 12:59 PM #15

cramar - 16 April 2009 03:30 PM

Yes I have some thoughts…for what it is worth.  I think the markets are about to change direction and it could be violent. Broad markets are clearly doing an EW ending diagonal, and they are struggling to maintain the bottom of a trend channnel.  So the probability is there that the drop will be sharp.

AAPL is at or near my target picked four months ago. The wave action has been choppy indicating it is running out running out of steam. Daily indicators for broad markets and AAPL show grossly overbought. Looking for the AAPL short or maybe puts.

Always appreciate your comments. Q - what indicators on the daily look overbought to you? Looking at my indicators, I have to say that they looked more overbought on 3/23 when we hit 108 than they do now. Some indicators like Stochastic, Momentum, ROC etc. May be I use the wrong ones!?

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop