January 2010 target price

Posted: 20 April 2009 12:14 AM

Assuming a target price of $200 for January 2010 (a bit of rounding down from Deagol’s estimate), the AAPL stock price would start from 120 this month and increase by $ 10 per month on average. 

So,  if Apple stock price were to jump to $ 140 after earnings, that would be $ 12 over the linear projection. 

And for the question:  Would the swing traders here on the board, take some money off the table ?

Posted: 20 April 2009 01:10 AM #1

I’m sorry, but this linear progression is a completely erroneous assumption. NO stock can be projected in a linear projection for that length of time. Especially in this market.

-ernie

Signature

Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits
    -Wish you were here

Posted: 20 April 2009 10:19 AM #2

Tetrachloride - 20 April 2009 03:14 AM

Assuming a target price of $200 for January 2010 (a bit of rounding down from Deagol’s estimate), the AAPL stock price would start from 120 this month and increase by $ 10 per month on average. 

So,  if Apple stock price were to jump to $ 140 after earnings, that would be $ 12 over the linear projection. 

And for the question:  Would the swing traders here on the board, take some money off the table ?

What does a 200$ price in Jan 2010 have to do with swing trading.  Swing trading involves short term moves.  If Apple jumps to 140$ after earnings I assume you mean the next day then Apple would be ripe for a pullback based on the technicals.  The price will not move linear, when I look at a chart of a stock the term linear growth does not come to mind.

Here is a link two a couple animated charts Apple and S&P 500 which might help your decision making

Appl

S&P

[ Edited: 20 April 2009 10:25 AM by pats ]