midpoint   115.52
    S3       113.75
      midpoint   111.98
    S4       110.21

[ Edited: 22 April 2009 08:16 PM by DawnTreader ]      
  • Posted: 22 April 2009 01:25 AM #1

And away we go!

• Posted: 22 April 2009 07:49 AM #2

Hi guys…i’ve been away from the board…too much work, stress and stuff…besides, I am almost completely out: market to scary for an amateur like me. That said…waiting for a nice entrypoint. Traditionally it should come around the earnings..let’s see if history repeats itself…

• Posted: 22 April 2009 09:44 AM #3

Pre-Market up in $122 range…

Posted: 22 April 2009 10:06 AM #4

*AT&T Inc. activated more than 1.6M iPhones in Q1
    08:13 a.m. 04/22/2009   Provided By Fly On The Wall

This compares to 1.9M in the fourth qtr.

[ Edited: 22 April 2009 10:16 AM by pats ]      

Posted: 22 April 2009 10:16 AM #5

The general pessimism of seemingly now, ALL THE ANALYSTS may in fact be a blessing in disguise.

Normally, there is the PUMP-N-DUMP feeling going into these calls, the only question is HOW MUCH AAPL will beat the street.

But this time, I get the feeling for some reason, that if AAPL just does OK, and Oppie the Doomster, doesn’t pull his normal “the sky is falling” routine, and they project some just acceptable growth for the next quarter, this will be a heavily received GOOD SIGN.

The markets feel to me like they really want ANYTHING to ignite another up leg on this bear market rally, so for the first time in a few years, we just might, maybe, perhaps, NOT GET the spike up, then IMMEDIATE correction and dump when Oppie does the Dopie number.

Pondering NOW, whether to cover with puts, or ride this one out with my LONGS.

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 22 April 2009 10:21 AM #6

I sold a block pre-market.  I think I’ll get a chance to reacquire in the $119-$120 range.

If not, there’s always the car maker drama to unfold next week (Chrysler isn’t looking very promising at the moment for a deal with its bond holders OR Fiat OR US Govt.).

• Posted: 22 April 2009 10:31 AM #7

My feeling (hahahahahahah) just tells me that people make a run for the money…. don’t know why…just feel they will. The sky is way to cloudy out there and mark my words: the worst is yet to come.

• Posted: 22 April 2009 10:50 AM #8

Being a AAPL long for about 5 years now ..... this clip basically sums up every earnings report .... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlzVDDSfeeA

I’m pretty much numb to the pain at this point .. great earnings and the a sandbag of next quarters numbers ....  but being the eternal optimist I can’t help but to relate to “Charlie” ...

Good luck to everyone today !

-Gtrplyr

[ Edited: 22 April 2009 11:00 AM by Gtrplyr ]      

Posted: 22 April 2009 11:06 AM #9

Notice the unusually large volume on AAPL May 85P.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 22 April 2009 11:06 AM #10

Gtrplyr - 22 April 2009 01:50 PM

Being a AAPL long for about 5 years now ..... this clip basically sums up every earnings report .... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlzVDDSfeeA

I’m pretty much numb to the pain at this point .. great earnings and the a sandbag of next quarters numbers ....  but being the eternal optimist I can’t help but to relate to “Charlie” ...

Good luck to everyone today !

-Gtrplyr

Gtrplyr, that is brilliant, and exactly how I feel. I identify with Charlie and am just sure that Lucy..er…Oppie, is going to pull the ball at the last second once again. I may be wrong, but….fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me…or more accurately, fool me for the 10th time, shame on me. rolleyes

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 22 April 2009 11:09 AM #11

Wow, indices green…I think Tan is right, this market is still looking for a reason to keep rallying.

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 22 April 2009 11:12 AM #12

Well folks this is most interesting. Inspite of the the overbought daily technicals, I went long yesterday on oversold short-term technicals and gut feeling. It looked to me on charts that AAPL would not fall apart yet. My best system is a price projection method I have developed and it showed that if AAPL did not drop after hitting it’s first projection target and did rally to new highs (above $124.25), then the next target is a possiblitity. If the broad markets can hold and recover, and the street likes AAPL’s numbers, it is now realistic. The target is $140-$145 range. This just so happens to be also the target of a major trend line down from the two peaks in 2008. That should stop it.

On the other hand, this could be a great place to sell and short AAPL if the numbers are not good.

Signature

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”    - Jesse Livermore

Posted: 22 April 2009 11:20 AM #13

ConMan - 22 April 2009 02:09 PM

Wow, indices green…I think Tan is right, this market is still looking for a reason to keep rallying.

Everybody is getting back on with the banks after panic selling. The pullback to seven allowed everybody to pile on shares that had been peeled off on BAC’s meteoric run from $3.00 to $11.00 since March 6th. 

And GS with over 12,000,000 shares of F said this morning that F won’t go BK. Captain Obvious would be proud.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 22 April 2009 11:21 AM #14

cramar - 22 April 2009 02:12 PM

Well folks this is most interesting. Inspite of the the overbought daily technicals, I went long yesterday on oversold short-term technicals and gut feeling. It looked to me on charts that AAPL would not fall apart yet. My best system is a price projection method I have developed and it showed that if AAPL did not drop after hitting it’s first projection target and did rally to new highs (above $124.25), then the next target is a possiblitity. If the broad markets can hold and recover, and the street likes AAPL’s numbers, it is now realistic. The target is $140-$145 range. This just so happens to be also the target of a major trend line down from the two peaks in 2008. That should stop it.

On the other hand, this could be a great place to sell and short AAPL if the numbers are not good.

So in other words…who knows??  LOL  That’s what makes this so much fun…

Posted: 22 April 2009 11:39 AM #15

Well the sponge bought another 100 shares this morning.  I figure if iPhone sales in a (low quarter and bad economic environment) are only down 18%, it bodes well for fourth quarter when new and possibly cheaper ones come out.  This also should give us a glimpse as to computer sales which may surprise us. 

Never the less we are not going to 60 like I had hoped.  We could drop below 100 at some point if the market tanks.  With the help of AFB I will navigate those uncertain waters.