Why I am Bullish on Apple

• Posted: 30 April 2009 01:27 AM

I followed Apple up in 2007 and down in 2008 and just recently in March bought back in Apple after it was in the low 80s with stock and some calls / leaps. I decided that the stock was a good buy for the following reasons:

In December 2007 I bought an ITouch and was instantly amazed at how much fun it was.  I had to wrestle our 12 yo and 7 yo for it (they both have Ipods) all the time. Christmas this year I got an IPhone after the cellphone contract was up and my wife got one in January (I made her wait… smile. Both of us continue to be amazed at the IPhone and what a change from the regular cellphone we had before.  The cellphone before was simply for making calls but now we have all the songs / videos / games in the world on it.  In January I was given a Blackberry at work but turned it back in as I ignored it as it couldn’t hold the mustard compared to the IPhone.  It was annoying.

Our two sons have Nintendo DS, PSP, XBox and we have to take away the IPhones and ITouch as that is their number one electronic addiction. Period. The App Store is like Christmas morning every day and I don’t actually mind considering the cost of the apps is a fraction of the $50 Nintendo DS games. Some of their friends have ITouchs and others are working on their parents to get one. When they are together they can and will talk nonstop about the apps and how cool the ITouch is. It is contagious and continues to grow all the time.

So, with the record earnings just out and the coolness of the IPhones/ITouch and the untapped customers out there (kids) Apple will do well short term and long term.

Signature

"The face of the child says it all.  Especially the mouth part." - Jack Handy

• Posted: 30 April 2009 01:52 AM #1

Heres’ another reason why the App store is a game changer:  my piano tuner paid $1,000 for software running on an old iPaq.  I looked it up on the App store, and lo and behold, there was a tuner for $3.95!!! 

I’ll be checking it out more, but my piano tuner was definitely intrigued. 

When it comes to kids, how many times have I said to myself:  Kids have such better toys than I ever had as a kid.  Unbelievable.

• Posted: 30 April 2009 06:42 AM #2

Mercel - 30 April 2009 04:52 AM

When it comes to kids, how many times have I said to myself:  Kids have such better toys than I ever had as a kid.  Unbelievable.

I have to post it, jut in case there’s anyone who hasn’t seen it:

Four Yorkshiremen (Monty Python)

• Posted: 30 April 2009 11:11 PM #3

sleepytoo - 30 April 2009 09:42 AM
    Mercel - 30 April 2009 04:52 AM

I have to post it, jut in case there’s anyone who hasn’t seen it:

Four Yorkshiremen (Monty Python)

Thanks for that!  Twenty years from now, the future Monty Python will ruminate on old times with computers, ending the skit prematurely with a “I can’t top that” awareness at the point in time “Vista” leaves one of the Yorkshire’s mouth…