AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 07 May 2009 02:10 PM #31

CaptainBoom - 07 May 2009 05:08 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 07 May 2009 05:05 PM

Now I’m like a gunboat sitting in a harbor waiting to blast at something but content all the same to do nothing.

Gotta be nice to have ammo. Due to poor risk management on my part, I have very little left with which to blast away. I’m pretty much limited to sniper fire.

Don’t feel bad, Captain, we can’t all be as wise as Eric.

Signature

Steph :apple:
    Id quot circumiret, circumveniat

Posted: 07 May 2009 02:22 PM #32

sstenner - 07 May 2009 05:10 PM
    CaptainBoom - 07 May 2009 05:08 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 07 May 2009 05:05 PM

Now I’m like a gunboat sitting in a harbor waiting to blast at something but content all the same to do nothing.

Gotta be nice to have ammo. Due to poor risk management on my part, I have very little left with which to blast away. I’m pretty much limited to sniper fire.

Don’t feel bad, Captain, we can’t all be as wise as Eric.

Wise? I had six up and four down trades this morning. I finally settled down to discipline.

All to say, I just picked up some dead soldiers as crew and threw them back into the core I ejected in the morning. Row well and live.

[ Edited: 07 May 2009 02:25 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 07 May 2009 02:27 PM #33

Sure happy I sold my C May $4 calls this morning for $0.50. I had a feeling we’re going south from here.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 07 May 2009 02:37 PM #34

Eric,

The bullish action is in healthcare.  Check out LPNT, CYH, UNH and WLP.  Any views on whether they are good for 2-3 years or for a couple of months only?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 07 May 2009 02:40 PM #35

Mace - 07 May 2009 05:37 PM

Eric,

The bullish action is in healthcare.  Check out LPNT, CYH, UNH and WLP.  Any views on whether they are good for 2-3 years or for a couple of months only?

But I’m hiring crew: low pay, hard work.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

• Posted: 07 May 2009 02:43 PM #36

It’s good to be a short today!  8-)  Sorry, couldn’t resist.  :innocent:

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 07 May 2009 02:52 PM #37

AAPL moving down to the 10 day SMA.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 07 May 2009 03:00 PM #38

Confirmation to me will be a break of the 20 MA. It crossed over around Mar. 11 and never even touched since then. There could be a long way to fall from the overbought technicals.

Signature

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”    - Jesse Livermore

Posted: 07 May 2009 03:01 PM #39

cramar - 07 May 2009 06:00 PM

Confirmation to me will be a break of the 20 MA. It crossed over around Mar. 11 and never even touched since then. There could be a long way to fall from the overbought technicals.

Since I’m not near my computer screen right now, where is the 10 and 20 currently?

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

Posted: 07 May 2009 03:56 PM #40

Eric Landstrom - 07 May 2009 05:40 PM

Me too. Long hours in all kinds of weather, but I promise you get to play with explosives.  tongue laugh   Fireworks season is upon us.

Posted: 07 May 2009 04:30 PM #41

I’m ALL ammo….........

and I don’t have a blessed clue as to what to do with it. Probably less frustrating than not having ammo, but frustrating nonetheless.

Edit: Awesome, just watched BAC raise .70 in about 4 minutes while I was thinking of buying some at seeming resistance of low 13’s. From personal experience I know that pulling the trigger and wishing you hadn’t is worse, but NOT pulling the trigger and wishing you had really sucks.

[ Edited: 07 May 2009 04:35 PM by Dr. Gripp ]      

Posted: 07 May 2009 04:34 PM #42

CaptainBoom - 07 May 2009 06:56 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 07 May 2009 05:40 PM

Me too. Long hours in all kinds of weather, but I promise you get to play with explosives.  tongue laugh   Fireworks season is upon us.

In my case, the dead soldiers rowed well.

Signature

• Posted: 07 May 2009 05:04 PM #43

Does anyone expect the official release of the Bank Stress Tests to move the markets AH? Or at least the banks? This morning’s exuberance which hoisted BAC up to 15+ wore thin as the day advanced, but its hard to read the market’s true sentiment: were small investors and day traders abandoning ship with profits before the news, were MMs pumping the stock to lure in investors and then dumping, or is everyone holding their breath to see what happens next?

• Posted: 07 May 2009 05:12 PM #44

willrob - 07 May 2009 08:04 PM

Does anyone expect the official release of the Bank Stress Tests to move the markets AH? Or at least the banks? This morning’s exuberance which hoisted BAC up to 15+ wore thin as the day advanced, but its hard to read the market’s true sentiment: were small investors and day traders abandoning ship with profits before the news, were MMs pumping the stock to lure in investors and then dumping, or is everyone holding their breath to see what happens next?

Flip a coin…that’s about as “predictable” as the behavior of the current market.  :-?

Signature

Steph :apple:
    Id quot circumiret, circumveniat

Posted: 07 May 2009 05:27 PM #45

Share dilution announcements on the way… WFC just announced they are going to offer $6 Billion In Common Stock to Be Priced Between $20.50 and $22.

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes