AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 08 May 2009 04:57 PM #76

Big fight to close AAPL red going on.

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

Posted: 08 May 2009 07:20 PM #77

Eric Landstrom - 08 May 2009 06:05 PM

How do you guys tolerate ToS?...

I don’t. I use their software to watch the comings and goings of the market and AAPL. I then use E*Trade for banking purposes.

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 08 May 2009 07:26 PM #78

Eric Landstrom - 08 May 2009 07:45 PM

Since I’m fat-n-happy and everybody else is dead silent/deer in headlights or something. . .

OT: Missed most of today’s shenanigans taking my dad to the Apple Store.  His MacBook had a loose/broken cable that made the screen black out while in certain positions. He had taken it to the Santa Monica store and was told that they could not repair it since he had “abused” it. I couldn’t see any signs of the abuse so while he was visiting, I suggested we take it to the Boulder Store. They looked at and are going to repair it. However, my dad had NEVER backed up his computer. (Despite my urgings to the contrary.)  In any case, a new portable hard drive and two hours of running time machine later, we left the computer to be repaired. Unfortunately, I missed today. :-(

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 08 May 2009 08:00 PM #79

artman1033 - 08 May 2009 10:48 PM

Remember, next months jobless data will include the million or so who lost their jobs with the closing of all Chrysler plants. I am talking about the suppliers to Chrysler, not Chrysler’s employees.

Fellow family member whose company supplies proprietary manufacturing solutions for Dell and Apple and Chrysler just did another unexpected lay off of engineering this week. Now the company has only two manufacturing engineers (down from over 40) and my fellow family member is one of them. This tells me that the company expects no new business ever. My understanding is that Apple would likely be required to redesign a line of products or purchase the manufacturing rights if my fellow family member’s company went BK.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.