OT: Word 2004 help/question

Posted: 12 May 2009 12:48 PM

I’ve got a document that has what appears to be a watermark at the bottom of every page that says “Draft.” I’d like to remove this except it isn’t a watermark because I went to (menu) Insert > Watermark and checked “No watermark” and then updated and “Draft” is still at the bottom of every page kind of grayed out. Help! I’m Word retarded.

Thanks,

Eric

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 12 May 2009 12:54 PM #1

Could it just be the footer. Try to edit the footer part on one of the pages.

But then again I am not a Word PowerUser.

If no help is available here try posting a picture of one of the pages.

• Posted: 12 May 2009 01:12 PM #2

Eric Landstrom - 12 May 2009 03:48 PM

I’ve got a document that has what appears to be a watermark at the bottom of every page that says “Draft.” I’d like to remove this except it isn’t a watermark because I went to (menu) Insert > Watermark and checked “No watermark” and then updated and “Draft” is still at the bottom of every page kind of grayed out. Help! I’m Word retarded.

Thanks,

Eric

Is it possible the document was created with a trial version of Word?  I think MS puts something “in” those docs to prevent them from being used…I’m not Word expert…I try to avoid ALL MS products. lol Just a thought…

Signature

Steph :apple:
    Id quot circumiret, circumveniat

Posted: 12 May 2009 01:15 PM #3

Chartguy, the source of the .doc Skyped me and clued me in. Turns out that it was a footer and because I’ve been out of a real job for so long, I’ve dun forgotten how Word works. Thanks, everybody!

Eric

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.