midpoint   120.91
    S2       120.38
      midpoint   119.17
    S3       117.95
      midpoint   116.74
    S4       115.52

[ Edited: 29 May 2009 11:05 PM by DawnTreader ]      
  • Posted: 26 May 2009 07:18 AM #1

Morgan’s Kathryn Huberty goes to buy from hold, takes target on AAPL from 105 => 180.

No details yet, just headlines on Dow Jones and Marketwatch.com

• Posted: 26 May 2009 07:58 AM #2

pingdave - 26 May 2009 10:18 AM

Morgan’s Kathryn Huberty goes to buy from hold, takes target on AAPL from 105 => 180.

WTF? Hell Frozen Over or just setting up the stock for another take down?

Signature

• Posted: 26 May 2009 10:05 AM #3

Wow!  Nice to see Gene “Our Man” Munster is sharing his kool aid with Kathryn…

• Posted: 26 May 2009 10:25 AM #4

rattyuk - 26 May 2009 10:58 AM

WTF? Hell Frozen Over or just setting up the stock for another take down?

MS upgrades AAPL from equal weight to overweight on expectations of continued iPhone growth - price target $180.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 26 May 2009 10:34 AM #5

I see some resistance at the middle BB - $126.4

EDIT: Or may be not!

[ Edited: 26 May 2009 10:38 AM by Plato ]

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 26 May 2009 10:44 AM #6

Plato - 26 May 2009 01:34 PM

What sucks about this rise for AAPL is that when Huberty decides to downgrade AAPL again (which will undoubtedly happen), look out below! Why does she still carry so much weight when she is consistently so wrong?!!

Signature

“the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”
    -John Maynard Keynes

• Posted: 26 May 2009 10:58 AM #7

ConMan - 26 May 2009 01:44 PM
    Plato - 26 May 2009 01:34 PM

What sucks about this rise for AAPL is that when Huberty decides to downgrade AAPL again (which will undoubtedly happen), look out below! Why does she still carry so much weight when she is consistently so wrong?!!

I think long term investors don’t pay too much attention to the constant up/downgrades, but rather watch the fundamentals. For traders, however, these up/downgrades are great trading opportunities b/c they guarantee huge intraday swings.

You got to go with the flow!

Signature

• Posted: 26 May 2009 11:02 AM #8

Nice consumer confidence pop…

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 26 May 2009 11:05 AM #9

litespeed - 26 May 2009 02:02 PM

Amazing what a bull rally can do to sentiment.  :wink:

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 26 May 2009 11:17 AM #10

Play Ultimate - 26 May 2009 02:05 PM

yes indeed! Another buck or so and my short-term target for my swing will have been met.

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 26 May 2009 12:14 PM #11

litespeed - 26 May 2009 02:17 PM
    Play Ultimate - 26 May 2009 02:05 PM

yes indeed! Another buck or so and my short-term target for my swing will have been met.

Actually, kinda surprised at the strength of today considering another home price decline per the Case-Shiller Home Prices Index . 

FWIW, according to the index, home prices increased, ever so slightly, in Denver, Charlotte and Dallas.  A bottom may be near.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 26 May 2009 12:41 PM #12

“I am the Nightrider! I am a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller! I am the Chosen One! The mighty hand of Vengeance! Sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I’m hotter than a rolling dice! Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road right to freedom!” -American consumer.

While the American consumer continues on the path to destruction, Greenspan quoted his Bloomberg terminal noting that banks have an estimated $600,000,000,000.00 of additional write downs to come from additional defaults. Look at the following diagram and take note that 2009 is the eye of the storm.

Look carefully and hedge appropriately.  grin

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 26 May 2009 12:54 PM #13

Eric Landstrom - 26 May 2009 03:41 PM

“I am the Nightrider! I am a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller! I am the Chosen One! The mighty hand of Vengeance! Sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I’m hotter than a rolling dice! Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road right to freedom!” -American consumer.

While the American consumer continues on the path to destruction, Greenspan quoted his Bloomberg terminal noting that banks have an estimated $600,000,000,000.00 of additional write downs to come from additional defaults. Look at the following diagram and take note that 2009 is the eye of the storm.

Would you mind explaining in simple English as I don’t understand.  Thanks.

Posted: 26 May 2009 01:04 PM #14

alice - 26 May 2009 03:54 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 26 May 2009 03:41 PM

Would you mind explaining in simple English as I don’t understand.  Thanks.

Markets collapsed because people and companies where unable to leverage property (they couldn’t refinance). With a lack of lending, economies experienced a collapse of money supply. Although I believe that the second wave of the collapse will be somewhat dampened, I believe that we will experience a second wave of money supply collapse and I expect to profit from that collapse.

For a guy like myself any collapse means value and like heard animals, all the cool kids are following the recession according to plan. The plan is straight-forward and simple: everybody is playing sector rotation.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 26 May 2009 06:07 PM #15

What happened to page 2?

Signature