AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 27 May 2009 08:47 AM #31

Back to School - free ipod touch worth 229 with white macbook = 770 $ macbook not bad

• Posted: 27 May 2009 09:55 AM #32

Mercel - 27 May 2009 11:38 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 27 May 2009 03:04 AM
    litespeed - 27 May 2009 01:30 AM

OMG, for anyone who missed this… macke talking with dennis kneale. Apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-macke-goes-nuts-on-dennis-kneale-clip-2009-5

The jive version is

Woman : Oh stewardess, I speak jive.
    Attendant: Ohhhh, good.
    Woman : He said that he’s in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.

Good one Eric.  I think CNBC should have slapped subtitles on Jeff Macke “to make it very clear” to us.  Macke’s child-speak made “ga-ga” sound articulate.

I think Jeff Macke just had a nice lunch with Charly Gasparino - if you know what I mean!  :wink:

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 27 May 2009 10:01 AM #33

Plato - 27 May 2009 12:55 PM
    Mercel - 27 May 2009 11:38 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 27 May 2009 03:04 AM
    litespeed - 27 May 2009 01:30 AM

OMG, for anyone who missed this… macke talking with dennis kneale. Apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-macke-goes-nuts-on-dennis-kneale-clip-2009-5

The jive version is

Woman : Oh stewardess, I speak jive.
    Attendant: Ohhhh, good.
    Woman : He said that he’s in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.

Good one Eric.  I think CNBC should have slapped subtitles on Jeff Macke “to make it very clear” to us.  Macke’s child-speak made “ga-ga” sound articulate.

I think Jeff Macke just had a nice lunch with Charly Gasparino - if you know what I mean!  :wink:

That was my thinking, Plato. Although I do think in his inhibriation, he was trying to convey what Eric was saying.

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

• Posted: 27 May 2009 10:20 AM #34

litespeed - 27 May 2009 01:01 PM

That was my thinking, Plato. Although I do think in his inhibriation, he was trying to convey what Eric was saying.

I agree, but the way he said it (or tried to) makes me think he had a nice lunch before the show.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 27 May 2009 10:49 AM #35

Somebody color China in on a Risk map since Apple has three new iPhones for China starting June 9th according to Bloomberg.

BTW, the new Airbooks that are rumored I understand are more than a rumor.

Apple should build a tablet instead.

Also look at Flipped Over Road Disaster’s chart this morning: it’s a thing of beauty!

[ Edited: 27 May 2009 10:57 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 27 May 2009 11:02 AM #36

climbforever - 27 May 2009 09:30 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 27 May 2009 12:43 AM

I also explained that arbitragers where going long on BAC preferred while shorting the common on the belief that BAC will dilute the common by converting the preferred to raise cash. I purchased BAC today because I think the common can double within the next 18 months. Moreover, BAC should drag the entire market upward when the arbitragers flip long on the common.

Decided to keep my BACs for now. How long would you estimate before we see turningpoint? (thanks Eric)

They announced the Preferred conversion and so everybody sold what they picked up under eleven yesterday and some people are beginning to reload right now.

Anyway, how long? BAC will emerge in 2011 as a money-making-machine. I think we’ll see $18-20ish by first Q next year and higher after that.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 27 May 2009 11:24 AM #37

Nice pop in AAPL.  News?

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 27 May 2009 11:26 AM #38

We are touching the upper BB on the daily - might be time to sell some calls and wait for a pull back.

Signature

• Posted: 27 May 2009 11:28 AM #39

incorrigible - 27 May 2009 02:24 PM

Nice pop in AAPL.  News?

China deal I think…

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 27 May 2009 11:32 AM #40

litespeed - 27 May 2009 02:28 PM

Nice pop in AAPL.  News?

China deal I think…

Eric mentioned this… citing Bloomberg but I have not yet found a link to confirm. Anyone have a confirmation?

Posted: 27 May 2009 11:37 AM #41

Plato - 27 May 2009 02:26 PM

We are touching the upper BB on the daily - might be time to sell some calls and wait for a pull back.

AAPL can graze the upper BB for quite some time. I wouldn’t go short on AAPL yet, but rather wait until the uBB starts going up faster than AAPL, or when AAPL detaches from the uBB.

Signature

Tightwad.

• Posted: 27 May 2009 11:40 AM #42

I heard a mention in passing on Bloomberg about a Chinese newpaper report on 3 new iPhones coming to China ??that was ~ 30 minutes ago

Signature

It’s better to miss the boat than to sail on a ship that sinks

Posted: 27 May 2009 11:43 AM #43

litespeed - 27 May 2009 02:28 PM

Nice pop in AAPL.  News?

China deal I think…

I attribute it to momentum from yesterday, reinforced with the non-disastrous housing data this morning.

Signature

Tightwad.

• Posted: 27 May 2009 12:08 PM #44

http://www.cnbc.com/id/30960887

Jim Goldman on Tech Check says: “Bloomberg is reporting that Apple will also introduce new hand sets for the China market that same week.” referring to the WWDC week.

Signature

It’s better to miss the boat than to sail on a ship that sinks

Posted: 27 May 2009 12:20 PM #45

Intraday wedge forming on SP.  Look for a move one way or the other real soon.  My guess is a move up.  grin

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix